Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am looking for some advice please.  My womb lining is too thin and I am worried about tx being cancelled again. ^eyes^  I had my first icsi in the summer and got OHSS so no et for me  :'(- was devastated.
Have been waiting to start FET and was due for et on 21st Dec but lining scan said womb lining very thin - dr didnt say how thin.  :( :(
They have increased my dose of progynova, but was just wondering if anyoone had any other suggestions as to what else i could do at home??
Any help greatly appreciated ;D
Thanks,
Pat
xxx

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I had this same problem for a FET I am going to do on the 22nd, I really thought we were going to cancel because it was taking so long & one can only be on estrogen for so long, & it was already a month!

I use estradiol 2 mg pills, & we'd started with 2/day orally. After 10 days my lining was only @ 3.8, so we switched to 2/day orally + 1/day vaginally. After another week we'd only hit 5mm, so we switched to 1/day oral + 2/day vaginal, & it grew up to 8mm finally -- but after 31 days. So the trick could be just to find what your body responds to. In my case, I need the estrogen as suppositories!

I did 1 other FET, & that time it took 21 days to get to 7 mm doing a similar ramp-up, so the doc should've remembered.

I hope your doc is flexible on the FET date. Unless the lining is otherwise not looking good, you should be able to keep taking pills for longer than the usual time. I am jealous of ladies you can do this really fast, I guess I cannot.

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Theodora I suppose I will just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. The only prob is my clinic don't tun any procedures during x mas period don't know if they would keep me onthis level on meds for that long :(

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
patbaz what does are u taking of progynova? u should be on 3 a day really so if ur not start on 3 a day its what i was on and still am.

good luck with ur scan  ^pray^ its a nic 8mm

lisa
xxx

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lisa. I was on 3 prgynova a day and I am now on 4 since friday so I am hoping that will make the difference
pat
xx

·
Registered
988 Posts
hi ya hun just wanted to wish u gd luck x i had the same prob and they kept upping my progynova and i am now on 6 tabs a day x my linning has finally got there and i should be going for FET on wednesday 22nd dec if my embies survive the thaw as i only have 2 frozen x i have been on progynova for 3wks now so i am sure your clinic could keep u on it until the new yr if they had 2 x

theodora gd luck for wednesday, hope we r both pupo on wednesday x

·
Registered
988 Posts
sorry hun 4got 2 say someone told me that pinapple, brazil nuts and protein all help to thicken the linning so u could try that?

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks just a mum that gives me a little hope. Will let you know how I go this morning! And good luck for Wednesday
Pat
xxx

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi All

WooHoo! lining at 10.2 this morning ;D ;D ;D
thanks fro all the help and  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
All set for et now on Wednesday ;D ;D
Just  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ that my little snowbabies survive the thaw.

Pat
xxx

·
Registered
988 Posts
gd luck for wednesday hun, thats me , u and theodora due for FET on wednesday hopefully we all get to be pupo! x

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i am just so relieved!!  thanks for the advice.  Do you know what time you are having et at?  I have to ring on wed morning to see if my little embies have survived the thaw

·
Registered
988 Posts
hi hun im not sure yet either my hospital will call me at some point on weds morning to let me know if they survived thethaw and if they have they will give me a time in the afternoon 2 go in i think x fingers crossed! we should know within 48hrs x

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
congrats pat xxxxx fingers crossed for the 2WW xxxx

SAM-good luck also, thinking of you both

·
Registered
988 Posts
thx keeley how u been hun? u feeling christmasy yet?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
i am now, finally! presents all wrapped up and tree looks lush, pic on **.

looking forward to good food and drink and then back to work boxing day  :(  hope to start TX again in april but think it may be to soon. me and DP need some "us" time or i'm scared this next one will push us over the edge  :( . would rather have him then a baby.

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Omg keeley huni how you doing?  It's lovely to hear from you :). I am sorry to see fet didn't work for you but I know you have quite a few embies for next time babe!!
Take care
Pat
xxx

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
i only have 3 hon  :-\  the 3 that they thawed all cleaved late if at all so i think they are of very poor quality but i have no choice but to use them and its NHS. still i know the next one its just a because i have to TX and nothing will come of it, doubt i will even get to 2WW. dont mind at all as i would rather have no 2ww then one with bad embies that would prob die in a day or 2 if you know what i mean.

i have been cheking up on you chick and i'm please to see you are going again  ;)  hope your well x

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
patbaz so pleased ur lining got there,  ^pray^ ur frosties thaw well and u will be pupo come wednesday

keeyley how u doing hun? april is  a nice tim eof year to start again, good luck xx

lisa
xxx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.