98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Ruth,

I'm petrified!  My 3 betas were as follows:
12DPO 66
14DPO 217
17DPO 948

The last two are a doubling time of around 33 hours

BUT my progesterone went from 129 on 14DPO to 88 17DPO!!!!!!! The clinician at the lab told me it was normal for progesterone levels to fall but this doesn't sound right to me!  I thought that my embroyo needs as much progesterone as possible?  Is this in fact normal? What can I do if this is not normal?  I've been taking crinone gel on and off- should I start taking it every day?  I stopped taking it because I was afraid it would thin my lining???

I'm afraid that it will continue to fall and may be the explanation why my symptoms seem to be decreasing?? I'm also getting period cramps and back ache- the exact kind I get just when AF is about to show up!!!!

I'm on pins and needles!!!
Thanks for listening!
Auggie

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Both sets of levels sound fine and the progesterone is still in safe area. If you have recently stopped taking crinone then that would account for the drop in prog. but as I have already said it´s still fine. I would suggest re-start crinone every other day as you were doing and I am sure the levels will go back up. HCG levels are fine!!
Feelings like af coming are so comman in early pregnancy so nothing to worry about.
Congratulations on a healthy ongoing pregnancy!!

Ruth

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ruth,

I have re-started the crinone gel and sure enough my progesterone level went back up from 88.3 to 98.9 in just one day!  I didn't realise that the gel was also absorbed in your bloodstream!  The crinone gel makes me dry though- is that normal? 

I'm curious about the safe area you mention.  What is the number that is considered below safe?

Also, my low back ache is getting a little worse- should I be concerned?

Thanks again- you're great!
Auggie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts