Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone - i am very new to all of this....and very sore.  i had a hysteroscopy,lap and dye on thursday so i am very bloated and sore still.  although it wasn't a total surprise i am totally gutted to find that my tubes are completely blocked.  the good news is that my ovary's and womb are healthy the bad news is that ivf isn't available on the nhs in my area - hubby and i are worrying about the cost.  i  had a look on the net and see that there are several operations out there to clear blocked tubes yet my doc said there isn't anything that can be done.  i am very confused about this and wonder if it is a cost thing or just in my case?  has anyone had an op to clear their tubes?
i feel really distressed right now and hubby is a mess - i know that we still have the option of ivf but that seems hit and miss as well as costing a bomb!!!!!!
just really need to chat right now and get some facts together.
Noodles and roo

·
Premium Member
8,291 Posts
Hi Noodles,

Welcome to FF - I am sorry to see that you are suffering at the moment.

I am sure that there are girls on here that will be able to advise you who have suffered from the same problem.

I wish you luck.

Love

Debs xxx

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you! thats what we are hoping - its nice to find a source of support and info form people going through the same thing

good luck with your orange spots....whatever they are!

love noodles and roo

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi

My tubes were both badly damaged and i also had hydro (fluid) in both. We were advised that trying to clear them could actually make them worse. After 3 failed icsi cycles we opted to have them removed (private as waiting list is sooo long) and i fell pregnant on the next attempt.
I wish you all the success with whatever you decide to go for.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello noodles and roo,
Sorry to hear of your bad time at the mo. I am going for the same tests a week wed. Very nervous as im sure you were.
Im hoping very much that you find the answers you are looking for and that you get your baby that i know you want so very badly.
I am new to this too, but i know that there are lots of people on this site here for you and can ofer you support x
love
laura x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts