Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been on a forum like this but i am pleased i have found it.
I am 31 we are having ICSI (male & female factor). this is our first attempt.
I start sniffer's on sun 19.3.05, injections on 4.4.05 (if I down reg ok) and then ec on 19.4. then er on 21.4
sorry i don't do lingo (yet!)
I am following the diet (no tea/coffee/caffeine/chocolate/alcohol etc) wish i'd start acupuncture earlier (cost we are self funding) but trying mediatation. very scared cause i so want this to work (we only have 4 vials of sp.)
any tips/words of wisdom for a lonely / worried person ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Allir

I'm new too.  I had my first IVF appt on Monday so I'm a couple of weeks behind you!  I'm 30 and having ICSI too and its my first attempt so I totally understand how you feel!

Top tip from friends who have been through it is to try and see it as a process which will eventually result in a pregnancy rather than pinning all hopes on one go.

We are self funding too and I must admit dispite the advice I was given I can't help hoping it'll work first time.

I too have given up caffeine and alcohol but haven't tried any alternative therapies.  Let me know what you think of the meditation.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
^reiki^ ^reiki^
Pickles
xx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
^hello^

Just wanted to say Welcome to both of you and masses of luck for your cycles
sending positive vibes your way ^reiki^

Good luck

love
suzie aka olive

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Hi Allir and Pickles ... Welcome to FF

I wanted to wish you luck with your tx and say, why don't you post on the Cycle Buddies Board or the ICSI Board where there are other ladies who are on tx or about to start, so you'll get loads of advice and support!

Love ... Belinda x

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi Allir and Pickles,

GOOD LUCK to you both....

I also recommend you check out the cycle buddies part of the message board - just look on the index page, and then when you find it click on the relevant month.  You'll be able to post with people who are going through tx at the same time as you and it really really helps.  Especially as you are both on your first attempt - you'll be able to get advice, support and reassurance from people who may have been through it before.

Best of luck,
Love Olwen xx

·
Registered
181 Posts
AWWW GOODLUCK!!!!! :) ^reiki^

·
Registered
400 Posts
^hello^ Allir

Just wanted to say that I started d/r on Monday 14th (sniffing) and have e/c for week beginning 18th April. So pretty much the same time as you if all goes to plan. 2nd time for us but didn't get further than d/r last time due to serious illness and that was 4 years ago.
Hope you are feeling OK.
I am trying to be good. Have limited myself to one cup of tea a day. Started drinking decaf coffee which is a 1st for me and given up alcohol. Afraid I can't quite do the chocolate yet!!! Working on it!!! I need to keep sane!
We are also self funding and haven't tried any alternative therapies yet. I am 34 the day after my planned e/t.
Fingers crossed!!

^goodluck^ and keep in touch.

Lots of love Liz xxxx  :) :)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Good luck!  This site will be your salvation!  Everyone is so helpful & I've learnt more here than from my consultant!

Jess x

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone, it amazing how uplifting it is to feel support. I am going to try and find the cycle buddies . appreciate everyone's words of wisdom as I feel like i am in a different world !!!
allir  ::)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.