Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help,

I should have mixed my menapur with .8 of water, but I've used the whole little bottle instead  ^eyes^.  I've paged the clinic but no one has got back to me.

Will it make any difference?  I've not used yet.

Thanks

Becca
x

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Becca

Not sure if this is of any help but when I was stimming with menopur I had to mix 4 bottles of powder with 1 bottle of water and one night I only used 1/2 a bottle of water somehow and when I questioned it with the clinic they said it was ok.  I think if it's just one then it won't make much difference it will just be a lot more diluted.  How much water is actually in the bottle as I got between .8 - .9.

Kerry x

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kerry

I should know better but just thought I'd remembered how to do it.

II paged the nurse on call twice 45 mins ago and have nt got a response which I'm not happy about.  Anyway, I've take the injection and call tomorrow.

Thanks so much for your response.

Becca

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Reb

difficult to know what you are mixing with what etc

why dont you give NHS direct a call - they should be able to talk you through it

Love Mini xx

good luck with tx

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mini, I know what I've done wrong but was nt sure if it would make much difference.  I've taken the injection now so I'll have to speak to the clinic tomorrow.

Your wee bubs looks gorgeous !

Thanks again.

Becca

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Reb

if its just too diluted then its not a problem the problem would be if you had not diluted enough

if you have over diluted and needed to take a portion of the drugs then you will have to wrk out how much drugs is in the fluid in total and work backwards if that makes sense !

Love Mini xx

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I have used 3 powders of Menopur but overdiluted by .2 of the ampule of water.  I used the whole ampule when I should have used .8, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Becca

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Reb

no worries - bemused though you have been told to dilute menopur by such an exact amount of solution

but definatley over dilution is not a problem - the solution is to ensure you dont get a too concentrated amount of the drugs and therefore have the possibility of getting a reaction

and my wee bubs is perfect ofcourse we are biased !

Love Mini xx

best of luck now with the rest of your tx

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to drag this, but thought I should mention, the clinic called and said they have changed their instructions and now tell patients to use the whole ampule of water as using .8 caused confusion!!!

Becca

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
^roflmao^ Reb

typical but atleast you can go to bed completely reassured now !

Love Mini xx

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Mini,
Just noticed your response to rebecca. I have a similar query - got confused as I thought I was only supposed to use one vial of solution for 2 vials of menopur (150 ml) - but in box there were the same number of solution as menopur vials, so wondered whether we should use two solution vials for two menopur vials - anyway, we decided to go with one solution vial for two menopur vials, as we remembered being demonstrated, but am worried that we've got it wrong...
any help appreciated.
Maria

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
maria,

I'm not a nurse but when i did my TX i had loads of water left in comparison to my Menupor, i was using 3 amp of Menupor to 1 water.  i think the boxes just come with the same amounts.  Check with your clinic tomorrow but I'm sure you will be fine

·
Registered
129 Posts
Help. i'm really confused. I started using menopur for the 1st time yesterday. When we were at the hospital we were shown how to use it, one bottle of water to 2 powder.  The prob is not all the water bottles have the same amount in. Some are quarter full and some are over half full. Tonight when we loaded it up in the syringe there was only 0.4ml where as last night there was 0.8ml. Now i'm worried it wasn't diluted enough. But surely when we've used a whole bottle of water it can't be wrong

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
marrias

you can safely mix 3 powders with one vial of solution -  i was told up to 4 vials per solution but then when i was doing 6 vials of menopur i did 3 and 3

emmalouise

hold the solutions upright and give a sharp shake - sometimes the solution hides in the top

hope that helps

mini xx

·
Registered
665 Posts
Maarias......i mixed 6 amps of menopur with i water,so i'm sure you'll be fine  ;)

emmalouise......i can't remember whether the ammounts of water were different but as long as you use the whole vial of water i'm sure you'll be fine....the  ammount of menopur is the important  factor...so just make sure that you're getting it all out of the vial.
luv juels xx

·
Registered
129 Posts
thanks mini, dp has just figured this out. I can remember nurse telling us now, but completley forgot. Feel really stupid now, I was beginning to think that we'd got a dodgy box of menopur lol.

Emma x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Maria/Emma

I had 4 amps menopur with one water so dilution totally varies anyway.  I think Juels is right it's the amount of menopur not the amount of water that matters.

If you're getting varying amounts from a water vial hold the top and tap or flick the main part really hard and the water pops out of the top constricted part.  If I snapped one open and water came out of the top I used to just discard it and do another one - as you've seen you get as many waters as menopurs so you have plenty spare!

good luck girls,
Claire x

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.