Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Help... need some advice

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Amethyst 
#1 ·
Hi ladies,  I am hoping that you will be able to put my mind at rest.

I read on a wedsite that during the imfamous 2ww  ^bigbad^ you should not sunbath - is this true?  I had plans on sitting in the garden this week making the most of the weather and reading my book.  I had FET on Friday (6th) so am into my first week.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.  :)

Thank you Ells
^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^

#2 ·
                        hi, ^reiki^
                          cant give u any advise but i ad fet and 2 embryos put in on fri(6th) same as u,
                          and i ave been sunbathing in the garden. ^hugme^
                          Dnt want 2 hide away from everything or will go mad,as long as u keep drinkin
                          plenty of fluid i ave i dnt see a problem!! whats ment 2 be ments 2 be everyone
                          keeps telling me just as long as u dnt over do it  :)
                        Im testing on th 22nd are you the same?? im so scared and worried ^pray^ ^pray^
                          good luck with everything  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
                                  Montymoo xxxx ^fairydust^

#3 ·
Hi

I have heard that embryo's shouldn't be exposed to direct sunlight. I went on holiday with a friend recently who was six months pregnant and she bought tankini's especially!

I'm on day 5 of my two week wait and I have been in the garden myself. I think if you keep your stomach covered you should be fine.

Enjoy relaxing. x

#4 ·
Hi Montymoor and Jenny, thanks for your replies  ^hugme^.  Well I covered my belly for the time I was sat out there but decided not to over do it.  Apparently its something to do with blood flow - the internet isnt always very helpful!

Montymoo I test on Friday the 21st, fingers crossed.  Have you had any 'signs' yet?  I have had a few twinges but nothing major last time, I had a bleed on day 5/6 but that could have been because I had OHSS but so far so good.  I have been feeling a little sickie this evening, but that may have been my mum's driving  ;D.

Jenny you are a day ahead in the 2ww then me - I'm day 4 but it does feel like 44!!
I may sit in the garden again for an hour or two tomorrow and keep the belly covered - I find it easier to relax in the sun especially with a good book!

Wishing you both all the luck in the world,I'm sending you  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ and  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Really hope it works out for you both.

Elly

#5 ·
      Hi,
          been avin afew twinges but dont know if its all in my mind because of thinking about it to much ^idiot^,i keep avin steady walks to keep my blood flowing just wish i knew what the result will be.
          My test date is 22nd ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
          I ad a failed attempt at icsi last year so bit negative about it all,feel abit better in myself this
          time as this is fet usin my 4 frozen embryos so not at to go through ec this time which i
          was in alot of pain with last year. ^eyes^
          Good luck with everything if you need any advise about anything let me know ^hugme^
          or just for gossip  :)
                              Montymoo  ^pray^ ^pray^ xxxxxxx

#6 ·
Thanks montymoo, good luck, fingers crossed this is a positive chain!

^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^
Elly

#7 ·
Oh girls I've done a naughty thing. I did a test this morning. BFN  :(

The reason is because although I'm not due to test until next Wednesday, my period is actually due on Sunday. By now I would normally have some brown discharge (sorry TMI?!) and I don't at all, in fact its creamy yellow. The test said that it was 50% accurate 4 days before your period is due. So I thought if I'm 9dpo and 7dpt they should have implanted by now??!

Really gutted and not feeling positive at all now. DH is trying to keep positive, and he hasn't got mad at me for testing early bless him. I would have seen my  ^shake^ if it was the other way around!

Franticly searching the internet for similar stories that have ended in a BFP. Learn from me, stay strong and do not test early. It does not make you feel good XX

#8 ·
Hi Jenny  ^police^ ^bigbad^!  You have my sympathies on the 2ww frustration!

However, it can take upto 7-12 days for embryos to implant.  There are a lot of things which affect implantation but you should not worry about your test at the moment.  Like you said you would normally see brown blood and you havent so that is positive.

Even if your embies are implanting it can take a few days and so your hormones, the hgc, will not kick in for a few days.

Keep yourself positive and keep looking at the orange spot ^spot^ !

Wishing you lots of luck and sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Let us know how you get on next week

Ells

^fairydust^

#9 ·
Hi Jenny

It's way way too early to be testing if you're only 7dpt of a 2 day transfer ! ^police^

In natural conception, implantation happens around 5-12dpo......and your embies would only be approx 9 days old today.  Embies aren't ready to start implanting until they're 5 days old, usually around 24hrs later so when 6 days old....and then there needs to be enough HCG hormone released for the hpt to pick up.  If you have late implanters then it could be your embies haven't even implanted properly yet....you need to give them a chance. ;)

The cm you're getting is completely normal and due to progesterone...would be same in natural cycle following ovulation.....

As for when your "normal" period would be due....this is completely irrelevant on an IVF cycle as you've not had a natural cycle with natural ovulation....you've had a controlled cycle with all the drugs and the progesterone supplement during 2ww can delay/hold back AF anyway so you need to completely ignore when your normal AF should arrive.

Please try not to test again until your official test day....the reason clinics advise these dates is because you're more likely to get an accurate result at that stage and to prevent unnecessary anxiety and worry of an already stressful procedure....

I know it's not easy...I've had 6 IVF/FET cycles (without even considering the many many others naturally) so I can appreciate what you're going through but testing early just isn't a good idea.

Hide those peesticks and wait until next week to test again.

Good luck
Natasha

#10 ·
Hello everyone,

Just read your post Ells and now I am confused and a bit worried. I am also in my first week (ET was on 8th June) and I've sunbathed twice already, tummy out too! Then I saw a lovely registered homeopath this morning (who used to be a nurse and has many years experience) and she mentioned, without promting that it would be good to expose my tum if the sun shines. She said that vitamin D naturally produced by the body in the sunshine really good both for me and the embryos - and even better direct on the womb. She also stated that it has been proven that in the first few weeks it helps the central nervous system develop and in the long term makes them more clever!!! Needless to say, I believed her coz that's ace ;D but now I'm worried :-\. Do you have the website address so I can check it out further?

By the way, very best of luck for the results! Hope someone can help clarify the best thing to do or not to do! (While I quietly panic ;D ^idiot^) It's so difficult to know what's best. I felt so much better after the sunbathing I really hope that our embies are still happy down there ^reiki^.
x

#11 ·
Hi Amethyst,

Sorry to have made you worry  :(.  If your homeopath said to sunbath I would go with that. The website was an american one, that I found through google.  As some other people have said you cant stop doing everything.  I have since sat out in the sun a few times but if i have gotten too hot I have come in. I am sure that if it makes you feel better then that can only be a good thing  :).  My mistake was going onto the internet!  Since that google I have stopped as I think it would send you  ^idiot^.  The 2ww is bad enough.

I hope everything works out for you.

Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^.

Elly

#12 ·
Hi

You don't want to overheat and raise your temperature too much as that's not embie friendly but keeping your tummy warm & covered is a good idea.......but then, if it's lovely and sunny outside then I don't see why you need to cover your tummy as it'll be warm anyway !

I wouldn't overdo it and I'd take breaks from lying in the sun....maybe if you've got a parasol use that.......but think of all those 1000's of women who go on holiday & don't know they're pregnant, who live in hot climates etc..

Personally, I wouldn't sunbathe for long stretches of time but if I was in 2ww (or pg !) and the weather was good then I'd certainly be out in the sun !

Good luck
Natasha ^reiki^

#13 ·
Jenny_B - Way too early to test...I also had ET on 4th, 2 grade ones  ^pray^ all is going well.  I had 3EC and just spoke to the embrologist to see what was happening with my third one.........unfortuantley it isn't viable for freezing so am banking on these two little fellas to come through.  She also said that the very earliest you could get a accurate result from HPT would be next Monday but this would be at a push.  So don't worry there is still every opportunity.  I've decided to go in for blood test on Monday so don't have to wait.

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

#14 ·
Lots of  positive vibes^reiki^ ^reiki^ to you too Elly (really sorry, I did not mean to make you  :( so please accept a big hug  ^hugme^ . I know my SIL got lots of brown marks all over her face and body when she was pregnant - something she said was connected only with pregnancy. Perhaps that's only after it's really established?

Anyway, thanks for the reassurance Natasha. The suns just been out again so I just got 20 mins for the day. Oh it was lovely. Beats the sofa or bed anyday!!!  - might have another 10 mins or so later on. . (hee hee - it is such a luxury I am loving it. Last time I had ICSI it was deep, dark December and this is a real privelege to be outside with all the flowers, bird and bees while I put my feet up.

My official test date is Thursday 19th June, so looks like there are a few of us who will be finding out about the same time - good luck and very best wishes to you all ^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^reiki^  Does everyone have really bad general dull ache down there (like AF on way) and keep having spells of either being absolutely pooped or ravenously hungry... or is that just me  :) ? (i may turn into beached whale by the end of the 2ww)
x

#15 ·
Hi Amethyst,

Thanks for the  ^hugme^

I have had a ache/twinge of my left side since ET and it feels like AF is going to start, its more apparent today but so far so good.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ . I have been feeling tired too but that could be because I havent slept well (bad cold and bad back!  ::) )  You are right about the sun shine its lovely when it comes out. 

You test before I do, I test on Friday 20th and I really hope we both get the results we want, sending lots and lots of  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ and a good sprinkling of  ^fairydust^ .  Good luck, let me know how you get on.

Elly
^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^

#16 ·
Hi Elly,

I will! Would love to know how you get on too..Sending you lots and lots of babydust and ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^. ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^

Hope you're bad back etc eases up asap. My brother sent me the whole set of Barefoot Dr CD's called The Urban Warriors Way. I still don't know how to meditate coz I listen to the CD flat on my back and I am out for the count before he finishes the breathing directions ;D!! It's great for relieving tension, that's for sure :) and I feel much more positive than last time (rightly or wrongly) except for my belly feeling like a lead balloon ::).

Take care,
xx ^fairydust^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.