Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We are doing ICSI on Wed and our info sheet says for DP to abstain for 2-3 days.  However it will be 6 days unless we do the deed tonight but I wasn't sure if that was too late !!  ^idiot^ ^idiot^

Any advice on whether we'd would be better to go for it tonight, which will be just under 2 days or leave it until the day of EC on Wed ??

Thank you !

·
Registered
148 Posts
The only advice I can give here is when my DH gave his first sample (way back) it had been 10 days and it affected his results. I would say that he should empty out as soon as possible but I would check with your clinic. When we were going through IVF we had sex on the Sunday night and then they brought egg collection forward from Friday to Wednesday but everything was still fine xxx

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sunflower, My clinic also says 2 to 3 days.  I would probably do it asap & then depending on what time you are in on Wednesday it wouldn't be that much under 48 hours. 

I am also in for EC on Wednesday.  Good Luck!

Milo x

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for replying.  I am going in at 9.30 so it will be under 36 hours as i've just had to do my trigger shot.  I think we'll just have to leave it and hope for the best  ???

Good luck to you too !

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
hey

my clinic told my dh not to ejaculate for 3 days before EC but to make sure it was done at least once within 6 days before it..the longer u leave it then apparently results wont be as good..u should find out on thurs though so good luck with it pet...

Jenna xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts