Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i'm new here, i hope you don't mind me joining.

I've had 5 unexplained miscarriages and now decided to go for more indepth testing than what the NHS will offer.

I understand the necessary tests are the level 2 chicago tests, I've researched what i can about this and the big names coming up are Dr Gorgy who i understand offers the most comprensive testing and treatment, or Dr Ndkwe at care in nottingham, please correct me if I'm wrong! i've also heard Dr ******* is good as well but he only does the Nk test.

Does anyone have any good or bad experiences or any information they can offer me on where to go for the level 2 tests?

Location doesn't matter as we live in Scotland so its a journey no matter where we choose to go.

Please help, its all so mind boggling

xxx

Premium Member
Duffy Im not entirely sure from your post whether you want the tests done and any immune treatment and concieve naturally or if you are planning on having fertility treatment with clinic as well. Someone may correct me but Dr Gorgy seems to be the most geared up for stand alone treatment im not sure if the others treat you if your not cycling with them. You can also deal via telephone consults although he is not the easyiest to understand on the phone- Again not having knowlege of the other clinics I dont know if the others do.

If you are look at Agates starting out thread http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=260560.0 there are some links to the clinic boards- Having a flick through the posts may give a feel for each clinic.

Registered
Hiya

I contacted Care Nottingham and was told they would not treat me for immune issues unless was having ivf with them (which we do not need as luckily get preg naturally)
I ended up going with the Lister, which is ok, but they only offer limited tests. (from what I have read Dr Gorgy offers alot more treatment and tests - but i only found this out later)

hope this helps.... good luck...

ys x

Registered
Hi
I have the same experience as Yogasian. Dr Thum (Lister) is pleasant but does not do as comprehensive a list of tests as Dr Gorgy does. I have had a consultation with Dr Gorgy as well & he is v nice but personally I found his accent difficult to understand (he is Eygptian) & he didn't put our disscussion in writing which I wanted him to do, hence I stuck with Dr Thum. Dr Gorgy is however, the most 'provocative' in terms of he will do tests & corresponding treatment even when there isn't as much research evidence out there for them. I have also heard good things about Dr George Nudkwe (Care Notts) but also that you have to have your treatment with them for him to treat/test you, whereas Dr Gorgy will do just the tests & suggest a protocol & you can be treated elsewhere (if you want). There is more info in Agates faqs, as the other post suggests... worth understanding what tests & treatments are available as there's no point being tested for some issues if you wouldn't be prepared to have the treatment for them (some treatments such as humira, can have unpleasant side effects for eg, or you may not want to have a blood product such as IVIGs etc). Another option is to be treated as though you do have immune & other issues ie. be treated empirically, which is cheaper because you don't have the tests just get the treatment (look as E in the faqs).

Good luck - it's a bit of a minefield, but this is a v good place to find out everything you need to.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ladies.

We get pregnant naturally pretty easily so wouln't want ivf just the immunology tests and treatment.
thanks for your help xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts