Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

To cut a long story short I am currently 6dpt and in need of some advice.  Ever since ET i have had heartburn/indigestion.  I'm not sure which as I have never had both or even if it is either.  It started down the middle of my chest and is more of a pain (I think!). It has gradually worked its ways round to under my left breast.  It does come and go and seems worse when I eat (hence reason I think it is indigestion). I went to my doctor for time off work and mentioned this, he checked me out and said it was probably heartburn.  but at times it is really painful and I am eating gavisson by the bucket load! 

Has anyone else had this?  Or enlighten me on how to ease it

Thanks

Sarah

xxx

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I have had indigestion problems in the past (just randomly, not ivf related).

I find eating anything fatty/greasy or high in fat makes it a lot worse, as does anything acidic (no vinegar and no citrus fruits/juices). And no alcohol.

Just in case it's an inflammation problem (I have had my lung lining/membranes get inflammed and it's painful!) I would also try and cut down on the amount of sugar you're eating if you want to. Sugar exacerbates inflammation.

I also find that the normal indigestion tablets don't do much for me. There's ones you can get that you take one of and they work for a full 12 hours! It's worth having a look (but I have no idea if they'd be safe for you to take so read the label first).

Sorry if any of this is useless, hope you feel better soon.

G

·
Dont want to alarm you but did you get lots of eggs??....Chest pain is a symptom of OHSS so if you had lots of eggs you may want to speak to the clinic about this just to be sure....you can never be too careful!

Good luck

xxx

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi Sarah

It definately sounds like you have mild OHSS - please check with your clinic.  I would keep off the gaviscon and switch to perppermint tea as I found it really helped (along with 2 sugars in it!) - I ended up with OHSS and your symptons do sound familiar especially the pain/bloating under your left rib.  I also ended up with a big pot belly (as if I was 6 months pregnant already) and was in mega pain all the time.

Please get it checked out as it can be quite dangerous - good luck with everything though and make sure you keep drinking the fluids.

P.s - one thing that is good for OHSS is Lucosade Isotonic...

Nacknick, xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts