Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :)
Thanks to everyone who has posted all the information about immune testing. I have been reading my way through it and making notes but what I need to know at this stage is....

Am I too early/misguided in thinking I should investigate this area?

I have endometriosis but no explanation for infertility.Tubes not blocked. Have had 2 laparascopies.
TTC for over 3 years.
3 failed IUIs
1 failed IVF (1 embie) plus subsequent failed FET (2 embies) recently
With IVF and FET the embies were good (grade AA for IVF) and lining good last time (10mm+).
Have not had miscarriage (as far as I know)
Never had BFP, even chemical.
I have a feeling that there are immune issues but my consultant wasn't interested and has said it is too early to start down that route (don't think he does it anyway)
Am on NHS and have one more free IVF to go but am so reluctant to go through all that heartache again if there is a reason I haven't found yet why it is not working.
Can anyone advise? Any help gratefully received!

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
if I was in your shoes i would, because of your lack of success so far coupled with the endo being a big risk factor for NK activation.  suggest you skim through the FAQ (link in my signature)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks agate.
Yes, have read through most of the FAQ thank you.
We have a consultant meeting today and he has suggested low dose aspirin and steroids next time (prob. transfer in late March/early April).
I know this is the low end of the spectrum and am not sure whether to try that or get some tests done somewhere else. This is our last NHS IVF (plus a FET if poss) and we are stuck where we are unless we go private.

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
well, I do know ladies who have got their first bfp when they added steroids and blood thinners but clexane is supposed to be more reliable than aspirin.  Steroids are also more likely to help if they are used at a dose of something like 25mg prednisolone (or equivalent). 

So, like you say, you either go with what is being offered by your consultant or you try to sort out immune tx alongside your NHS cycle - but that means you'd basically have to see Dr G because I THINK he is the only doc who will do private immunes alongside tx elsewhere. 

I don't know how you resolve your dilemma - maybe think about what position you would be in if you went the way proposed by your consultant and it didn't work (financially and emotionally)- then think about what position you would be in if you had expensive immune Tx and it worked, but knew that it might have worked anyway without the expensive immunes - but... then there are no guarantees.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you.
I am weighing this up and my gut feeling is to get the testing done too rather than risk it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.