Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone could offer some advice on how to reduce my blood pressure!. :(

I have just started D/R (Yest). On my last cycle of ovulation induction. My last 2 cycles resulted in BFNs :'( .

Due to the side effects I was experiencing on the drugs I felt so awful I had a break of 5 weeks  this time instead of just continuing :(.

The past week I have been very dizzy, headachy and feeling really rough I checked my BP twice and then have had it checked by GP I was told it was ridiculously high and signed off for 2 weeks but have to go back nx week to see if it has come down at all if not doctor says she will give me medication which i dont really want to take and she is also threatening to prescribe anti-depressants which again I am not keen on taking (I am not against medicaions but just want to try and avoid them at this time). :(

I was also asked questions like do you want to hurt yourself and do you think you could harm yourself? ^idiot^ Of course i dont!!

I have numerous cuts and bruises and deep scratches on my arms but these are caused by the patients on the ward I work in (part of the reason for my stress and anxiety) I am scared the doctor dosent believe me and I am worried that she thinks they are self inflicted!  :'( :'(

Any advice would gladly be appreciated I am relieved In one way that i do not have to return to work at moment but am worried about what the doctor thinks. :-\ :-\

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Hiya calamity

i didnt want to read and run ............... poor you  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ your GP sounds as if they were acting on observation with what you said about your marks so wouldnt be doing their job if they didnt ask those questions hun dont take offence  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

sounds like you are very stressed with everything so i suppose it is good they have signed you off work for a while maybe not being there will help your BP come down on its own  :-\ have you discussed having a few readings before going down the medication route? or even monitoring it at home aswell as we all know your BP can rise whilst at the GP  ;D ;D ;D

It is very difficult to say how to lower it i think but here is some stuff i found for you, maybe you know all this already...........
Lose weight if you are overweight
Losing some excess weight can make a big difference. Blood pressure can fall by up to 2.5/1.5 mmHg for each excess kilogram which is lost. Losing excess weight has other health benefits too.

Regular physical activity
it can reduce systolic blood pressure by 2-10 mmHg.

Have a low salt intake
The amount of salt that we eat can have an effect on our blood pressure.

Eat a healthy diet

A healthy diet provides health benefits in different ways. For example, it can lower cholesterol, help control your weight, and has plenty of vitamins, fibre, and other nutrients which help to prevent certain diseases. Some aspects of a healthy diet also directly affect blood pressure. For example, if you have a poor diet and change to a diet which is low-fat, low-salt, and high in fruit and vegetables, it can lower systolic blood pressure by up to 11 mmHg.

Drink alcohol in moderation

Hope this helps a little

stress is a big factor though so how do you de-stress good question???????????????

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Hi,
I don't want to alarm you, but stress should not cause someone of your age to have repeatedly high blood pressure readings. I am surprised that your GP does not want to investigate further. My DH was investigated because of dangerously high blood pressure readings when he was in mid thirties and was found to have a medical condition causing this.
I would suggest that you see a different GP. As I say, I really don't want to alarm you, but it is important that you take care of yourself.
Love Prija

·
Registered
392 Posts
hi Calamity

i think your job is probably the cause of the blood pressure - please take the time off & don't feel guilty about it.

on my last tx (06) after ET i went to the docs to ask for a week off and was signed off for 2 weeks as my GP said my BP was way too high - & he said any form of stress can send anyones BP soaring & he said with all the worry with ivf its not uncommon to see high BP.

i'm not overweight - eat healthily & do (some exercise) so i took the time,  i found doing some breathing exercises really helped every day - not hours on end -just 10 mins to yourself (even if you have to sit in your loo!!)  helped.

sending you a big  ^hugme^

hope all goes well

xxsamxx

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hiya thanks for answering! ;D

I am doing my best to chill out at moment have you ever noticed the more you try to relax the more you stress??? or am i just mad? ^idiot^

Am gonna try some swimming tomorrow see if that helps :)

Jayne
xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts