Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can give me a little more insight than my doctor seems to be able to. After stimming for 7 days I had my cycle canceled on Wednesday, due to, get this, an intestinal flu. My doc doesn't want to do the retrieval and risk spreading any kind of infection to my ovaries because that could cause permanent irreparable damage. I am crushed, angry, wondering if I have the strength to try this all again in 2 months, but that's another story. Here are my questions...

1. At the last scan I had 12 growing follies - What happens to those - do they just go away? Will I ovulate?

2. I feel like crap - bloated, crampy on both sides - is this normal and how long until I get my body back?

I am sorry for everyone else who is going through a negative cycle right now. I haven't replied to anyone's posts, but please know that you are in my thoughts.

kirbeck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry Kirbeck, I don't know. My advice would be to call your clinic and talk to the nurse, or better, a doc about it. Don't let them shoo you away. Insist if you need to  ^evil^

·
Registered
40 Posts
Kirbeck - i am on my second cycle after having my first cancelled due to the follies being too small and too few (only had one big one, and it was big 30mm, too big to use though)  I had a lot of pain especially on the right side where the big one was, it was like a achy uncomfortable feeling with occasional stabbing pains, i too was bloated.  It passed about a week and a half later and i am now on my second cycle - they asked my to go for a scan on day one of my period to check that it had gone before starting 2nd cycle and it had thankfully.  I am not sure of the ins and outs but i am sure that you do ovulate, and they will go.  You will feel better then, i did.

Hope this helps a bit and don't be too down - its better for the cycle to be stopped at this stage than go through the EC and it be useless - even though, like me, you feel really sad and negative at this time.  It is very emotional and i know exactly how you feel, it so hard to explain. :'(

Lots of luck next time around - keep us informed of progress.

Janey'bobbsie'  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear Janey and Ente - Thanks for your replies.

Looks like though there weren't a lot of responses to my question, there seems to be a lot of interest in the topic. While I am not sure what I went through was "normal", I thought I'd just follow up with a note now that I am almost 3 weeks past my cancelled cycle. After feeling pretty crappy, physically and emotionally, AF came exactly 2 weeks after I stopped stimming. During those 2 weeks before AF, I had cramps around my ovaries and a couple of fevers at night. I was exceptionally irritable, emotional and down. I was also very tired and couldn't get back to working out until a week ago (something that generally really helps my moods). This AF has been pretty bad; heavy, long and crampy, but I feel like I am going through some kind of cleansing. Never thought I'd be so happy to see AF. I did gain 4kgs over this last cycle of treatment. I've lost one of those kgs in the last week, but have a feeling I'll have to work off these other ones! So I am more or less feeling back to feeling normal after 3 weeks. Now I will just focus on getting healthy and ready for the next round at the end of November.

Best wishes to everyone,

kirbeck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts