Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just done a test and it is positive!  HOwever I am having some light bleeding I have just spoken to my GP and he has made me feel awful he started going on about ectopic pregancy and now i just feel like crying!  Does anyone know or has ever heard that bleeding can happen in early pg?

Please please let me know!

:(

·
Registered
213 Posts
Kitty,

Sorry to hear you are bleeding  :( It may not be anything. If you are really worried why not contact your local maternity unit? They may be able to offer some advice. GP's can be very insensitive.  ^reiki^

Hugs
Chris

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi
Congratulations on getting the +ive result.
I had bleeding from day 10, and did 4 hpt plus official one from hospital all with +ive results. I only did the first 4 as i thought it was all over with the bleeding being there. My son is now 15 months old...so dont give up yet, it is very common in pregnancies. I also had bleeds at 8 weeks, and nearly 12 weeks.
Hope everything is ok.
Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congratulations.

I have had an ectopic & did have bleeding,BUT it was very dark & watery-like prune juice.On a happier note,bleeding is VERY common in early pregnancy-I was pg  again,the same time as Karen (Hi Karen) & more of us had bleeding than didn't have it & we all delivered healthy babies.

I bled heavily at 8 & 10.5 wks with Issy,for a week at a time & she is 14 months now.I am currently 11wks pregnant & had spotting last week-a scan revealed the baby was ok.My mum bled every month when pg with my sister & didn't actually realise she was expecting until she was 4 months pg.

Is your Dr arranging an early scan & taking Hcg levels? The Hcg should go up by roughly 66% or more every 48 hours in a healthy pregnancy & once the levels reach 1000 or more,something can normally be seen on a scan.

Good luck & keep us posted.

·
Registered
114 Posts
ps,if you do a search on bleeding in pgncy on here,you will see just how many of us have experienced it over the years. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Kitty4

I think we might have met in the chat room a few days ago...

Congratulations!  I'm over the moon for you.  Don't worry about the bleeding - it is probably what's called implantation bleeding, where your baby has found a comfortable place in your womb and is just settling in.  It happened to my sister off and on for a few days when she was first pregnant (naturally - she doesn't have my problems!).  It also happened to my sister-in-law when she had successful IVF last year.

Don't worry - you've got what you've been waiting for - that BFP!  Well done you!!

Kittikat
xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts