Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Dh & I are about to embark on the long protocol for ICSI. The clinic have advised me to go in for an injection on Day 1 of my next cycle, which I'm anticipating to be on the 19th. They had previously said day 21, but because my last cycle was so short (18 days) they changed it.

Reading a lot of the stories on here, I've noticed that for the d/r stage it's common to sniff or inject daily through till stimms starts, but my clinic has told me that I'll have only one injection on day 1, a blood test on day 14 and then hopefully start stimming if everything looks ok - does this sound right? As you can see, I'm quite confused about it all and wonder if any of you can shed some light on this for me.

I have already posted this question on cycle buddies but just thought I'd give it more exposure.

Many thanks & lots of baby dust to you all  ^pray^

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi

Yes it can be completely normal it's just a different kind of drug they use for d/regging.  It's more common to use daily injections or nasal spray but not unheard for a one-off shot.

^goodluck^

Axxx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi

I had just one injection to down regulate on my first cycle so this is totally fine, although it is more common to inject or sniff on a daily basis as Mandys says this is not unheard of so don't worry hun.

Good Luck with tx  :)

Sharon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.