Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Everyone after hearing some news from my clinic today, they are unsure as to whether i will be allowed a 2nd attempt of ivf on the nhs next year due to the new guidelines being brought in.

They really seemed to think that i wouldn't be able to get it unless the funds suddenly become available.  I need to have this clarified by my consultant next week.

So i have decided to look at maybe adoption or even fostering, if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where i start, i would be really grateful.

nerys

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Nerys

The first thing to do is ring your Local Authority (LA) Social Services Department.  Each LA operate differently, some send a Social Worker (SW) around and some ask you to attend an open evening.

There are some good books available via Amazon.  We read "The Adoption Experience" by Ann Morris, I know some of the others have read this too and found it very useful.

Most LA's ask that you have a break between treatment and starting the adoption process, some say this is 6 months some say 12.  In our area we had one LA that wanted us to do the open evening (which they kept cancelling) and the one we went with sent an SW round to talk through the process.

Good luck
Karen x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.