Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girlshope you can help me on this one. Im 2dp5dt so officially been on the 2ww for 7 days and i did a HPT this morning to see the positive sing on the clearblue normal test. Hubby suggested i do one to see when the HCG leaves my system and it was negative. I thought HCG stayed in your system for 10 days meaning a positive result ........ have i got it completely wrong ????? :-\

Like i say i did not do it to see if i was pregnant ( got to mention this before the  ^police^ make their entrance ) but just to see if the HCG was in system .....

hope someone can help, daisy x

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Hi,

I am no expert - but wouldnt you have had hcg a day or so before ET  ??? ???
and it would depend on what amount of hcg you had

xx

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Daisy

As Looby says your normally trigger 36 hours before EC or basting therefore the HCG would have probably left by this piont.  The 10 days is an average marker not a definate as each person absorbs and releases at different speeds.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah !!! i see.... i had EC on tuesday and the HCG on the sunday evening ... but then had ET on the following sunday ... the penny is starting to drop x

·
Registered
2,186 Posts

The hcg was out of my system by day 5 on all four of my complete icsi's. Everyone is
        different.

Katy. xxxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

The HCG hormone can stay in your body for up to 14 days.

We all have different metabolisms so will eliminate the drugs from our systems at varying rates. The average is 1000iu per day so if you had 10,000iu it would be approximately 10 days to be out of your body......but some may find it only takes maybe 8 days, whilst others it will take the full 14 days...this is the very reason clinics advise not to test early, to not only ensure a more accurate result (ie waiting for late implantation and enough HCG released from the implanted embryo) but also to ensure that the HCG trigger injection is out of your body so no false positives.

Good luck
Natasha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts