Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had appointment at hospital today, been given the go ahead to start IUI, can start next cycle which should be in the next few days, (never wanted a period to arrive so much)

Trouble is we are due to go on holiday on monday for a few days with family which depending when period starts will cause problems for attending the baseline scans. we now have to decide do we:-

Cancel the holiday and start the treatment now

OR

Go on holiday have the break and start treatment on my next cycle

We have been trying for 4 yrs now, my head is like a whirlwind so many things going round in my head, need some advice on what to do, husband keeps saying 'i'll go with whatever you want '  :mad:

Twinkle

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Hi Twinkle
If your period is due imminently I didn't think most clinics started scanning until around day 10 so would it need to intefere with your tx? Obviously not sure how long you are going away for. I had my first scan on day 13 on one of my cycles, but will depend what drugs you are on and your clinics protocol -I only had one scan but the other clinic I went to did more than that but none before day 10.
Hope it works out for you.
Tiny xxx

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Tiny thanks for your reply.

Period is due in the next few days, hospital wants me to have a baseline scan on day 5 then depending on what they see start injecting Gonadotrophin and have another scan on day 10 so need period to arrive on wednesday in order to go on holiday on monday. Only going away monday till friday, but didnt get holiday last year and just wanted/needed a few days away to recharge and clear my head.

Twinkle x

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Hi
Very tricky to know what to do for the best - as you say you could do with a break - maybe if it works out this time go for it but if timing doesn't go next month? We have had simliar situations - waiting for ovulation surge to be detected to see if we had tx - they have always just worked out for us so hopefully it will work out for you. If not go for it next month - I know each month feels very long though, would seem a shame to miss your break.
For once we need a period to come! Not sure you can do anything to hurry it!
Hope it works out
Tiny xx

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
hi

as you say, you've been ttc for 4+yrs already and personally i dont think another month will matter much? the break will do you the world of good and least you can start the tx next cycle with a clearer head and probably feel less stressed?

just my opinion!

good luck hun  ^reiki^

jo xxx

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well period has started this moring part of me is happy and another part of me says another month that my body has failed me  :'(

Called hospital and am booked in for 1st scan on friday at 10.15

Still might get both holiday and to start treatment  ^reiki^

Twinkle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts