Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am having a nightmare with Grace, she is 18 months old and is now refusing to eat any healthy food especially veg apart from peas.  She has always loved her veg and fish etc but now no!!  I have never given her trashy food but the only thing she seems to eat now is heinz pasta shapes.  She refuses any I make myself!!

She does eat any fruit though but I am worried she isnt getting the right vitamins she should, any suggestions on helping me persuade her to eat or is this just a long winded stage  ;D!

I have bought some vitamin drops but am a bit reluctant to use them unless I absolutely have to.
Thanks
Ruth
x

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
TBH I wouldn't worry as long as she is eating fruit. N has never been keen on veg but I do sneak the odd bit it in food - Heinz do hidden veg spaghetti hoops which is fab! If she's eating wholemeal bread, pasta & fruit I think it should be ok for the vits. I asked the same thing at the pharmacy but the pharmacist was no help (she obviously never tried to get a toddler to eat something they didn't want to eat!) so I asked the nursery nurse attached to the HV's clinic & she didn't seem too worried as long as he was eating fruit.

I was advised to try lentils, fish (fingers & smoked salmon N loves them!), cheese etc to help balance things out.

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Something else worth keeping in mind huni:

A toddler never willingly starved to death!  ;)

My sis keeps repeating this to herself whenever her 20mth old won't eat anything more than 2 grapes and a finger of toast!!  ;D ;D

Have a look for 'hidden' veg meals - I have a recipe in an Annabel Karmel book for a hidden veg pasta if you are interested!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
We have the same problem with Thomas - he's always been a fussy eater but is terrible at the moment.  The only fruit he'll eat is bananas, and the only veg is peas!!  Some days all he'll eat is cheese and bread!!!
I do sneak veg in where he's not expecting it though - he'll eat omlette, so I mash down some boiled brocolli & courgette and mix it in with the egg before making the omlette.  Another good one is risotto - I chop peppers,mushroom and courgette (loving courgette - it's sooooo easy to hide ;D) really small, and he doesn't even seem to notice them amongst the rice.

Hopefully they'll all grow out of it!!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there
Thank you everybody for replying, I think I have realised that is normal and another one of those dreaded stages  ;D

Kitten - I have that book but had given up because she was refusing to eat anything I made but will look up that recipe and give it a go as she is starting to eat pasta again.

Prof Waffle - thanks for mentioning lentils, she used to love those as a first food so will definately be trying it again.

Wolla - bananas and peas  ;D ;D they really do try you dont they!!

feehilyfan - I am there with you on the nappies, she pinched my pear the other day when I had only eaten a few bites, she finished the lot right to the core but oh the nappy the next day, will not be letting her do that again!

As said thanks guys, its good to know I am not going mad alone ^roflmao^
Ruth
xxxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts