Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I collected results from my GP today for level 1 immunes that I requested and they are 3 pages long! My GP said she doesn't have a clue about the results.

A few have been marked as unexpected value and to be honest have no understanding of them or what to do next! It is suggested to retest in 8 weeks to check original values.

Here is where they have marked as unexpected value.

DRVVT correction high 1.56 (0.00 - 1.19) it goes on to say ratio significant if greater than 1.19 normalised ratio = 1.49 - indicative of weak lupus anticoagulant.

Anti-cardiolipin lgM 7 U/ml
lgC 10 U/ML

RBC colour/ staining NOS 0.4% HYPO

any help greatly appreciated, thank you

·
Premium Member
15,891 Posts
can you tell us what it says the normal range should be - usually it will tell you that something needs to be less than something... like this:

<7 less than 7
or >1 more than 1 etc.

we need to know whether your results are abnormal because they are too high or too low.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for replying agate :O)

looking at the list that I asked them to do it seems that they haven't done all the blood tests, or could be worded differently its all so complicated and I'm doing a degree that is mostly science based, but I haven't got a clue about any of this!!

the IgM was <7
IgG <10

The RBC colour/staining NOS just says unexpected value found 0.4% ''HYPO''

The dRVVT ratio result also states an unexpected value of  1.56 and shows a normal scale of 0.00 - 1.19 and that anything over 1.49 is inicative of weak lupus anticoagulant.

I am wondering if a recent operation could have affected the results because I'd had a lap to excise endo the week before but I asked my consultant if I should wait to have the blood tests and he said no. Do you think it might be worth repeating them?

thanks again, I am in a right tizz now because I started the pill a couple of days ago ready for tx in jan

·
Premium Member
15,891 Posts
well, it sounds like your anticardiolipins are just about ok (they are antiphospholipid antibodies - similar to sticky blood - and requiring the same sort of treatments - but it sounds as though yours are just in the normal range)

I THINK the weak LAC means that your drvvt clotting time was slightly long - but that is the opposite of being 'sticky' - so shouldn't be a big problem for fertility.

I can't think what the RBC comment means.  RBC normally means red blood cell.  hypo normally means something is a bit lower than normal.  NOS could mean not otherwise specified or nitric oxide synthase... I don't know what it means.

So I THINK 2 out of 3 of these are not a problem for your cycling, and I don't know what the 3rd one means.  Hopefully your GP should be able to explain any abnormal results for you - none of the level 1s are specifically for fertility - they are used mainly for medical diagnostics but some abnormal findings on them would have a fertility implication - so all GPs should be well versed in the variants of these tests used at their local hospital.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for your help agate you have reassured me, thank you so much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts