Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

ARGHH on day 9 post FET and really feel very weak and really want to test. Obviously I can't as this would be a really horrid nasty thing to do to my sis and BIL.  :(

Then i keep thinking - well no one need know - and then i can prepare myself if its bad and won't end up in a blubbering heap on Monday :'( if its not worked, which is the last thing they are going to need. But then if its good news I am going to feel really crap that I know this precious news before they do.

I know its too early anyhow....

OK have mostly convinced myself already just by writing this thread - just by reading it - it makes me realize how horrid it would be to test early.

Sorry for the me me me posting. SOMEONE needs to give me a good kick up the bum!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK ALL DUE TO TEST SOON ^goodluck^

thinking much  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for us all

Love Suzie

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^ ^police^

[ARE WATCHING YOU ANGELFACE

Try to stay away from them demon pee sticks if you can honey xxx

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Day 9 is too early - and likely a negative HCG at this stage.... sometimes implantation doesnt occur until day 11 - so no point in testing yet :)

Hold in there ;)

Tony,
x

·
Registered
949 Posts
Angelface,

You are such a strong person and reading your post just glows with strength that I know you have.

Dont test yet, be patient because then you will get the result you really deserve.

Thinking of you,

Love Dawn x

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^sunny^ THANK YOU ALL ^sunny^ ^sunny^
Have kept myself busy today to try and keep my mind off those naughty pee sticks. Went completely nuts at my DH this morning and stomped off to where I work as a volunteer and ended up blubbering all the way there, even my poor Sarge is feeling the effects of my crazy hormones. Its crap going through this wait but I pity every other poor b****r that happens to annoy me!

I am going to be buying so many doughnuts for people when this wait is over! Thats if I have any one left that will speak to me!

God now I know I am completely la la. Its amazing how the cyclogest can make you turn into a complete nut despite being a sensible rational person normally.

Thank god for this site and all the wonderful people on here. I would be lost without you :)

oh god blubbering again :'(

love and massive good luck wishes xx

Suzie

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think it's wonderful that you are being a surogate for your sis and BIL.  I can fall pg but have difficulty carrying (had 7 mis/c) due to APS & my big sis (who has 2 kiddies) said she would carry for me. She is 2yrs older but we always say we are twins born 2yrs apart coz we are so similar & do the mind reading thing that twins do & when she bumps herself I seem to get a bruise in the same place - weird eh?  Anyway because we are so close it feels as though it would be the most natural thing for her to carry my child (using my egg & dh sperm) but it's my dh that is uncomfortable about it.  My BIL didn't like the idea until sis assured him that my dh sperm wouldn't be in her body, it would already be an embryo when it was in her.  My dh says that if we used a surogate he would want it to be someone we didn't know to start with & would never see again after birth!  I don't see how that would work.  At least I know sis eats healthy, she has never drank or smoked & she will be my role model when I have bbs.  Also I could be with her every step of the way whereas with someone you don't know you can't follow them around all the time can you? 

Also according to the Law isn't the 'legal mother' the person who gives birth to the child? and the man whose sperm it is.  So doesn't the natural mother whose egg it is have to adopt the child?  If I am right here then how would I know the surogate mother (if she was a stranger) will give me my child.  At least I know my sis would see bb as mine to start with & not try and keep bb for herself once it was born. 

DH doesn't understand the relationship between sis & I.

It hasn't come to all this yet though coz I am on day 2 (43 hrs to be exact) of 2ww after 3rd IUI & I've got everything crossed but surrogacy is definitely something I would seriously think about.

Pink

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Pink

Isn't sisterly love a wonderful thing! I know exactly what you are saying about your relationship with your sister and I know my DH has struggled with it in the past - but hey he's getting there. We have a real close knit family and he's no where near as close to his - so think this does not help! When my sis and BIL were thinking about going ahead they really thought hard about it ( the embies have been frozen for three years) I have another sis who is the middle sis and we are all really close - but basically she said she would love to do it - but had really tricky births with her 2 kids - she is also really broody now again so thinks it would be too tough! Does your sis have any children?

You are right on the birth certificate - except your BIL would be classed as the father!!! Weird I know and something that really shocked us. But yes you and your DH then get a parental order and then adopt - which I believe is called an un contested adoption - so not quite the same as the normal drawn out process.

my sis and BIL were going to use a friend first time and said they would call on me next time if they had any embies left and wanted to try again, but the friend pulled out. My sis rang and told me and I was happy to go for it.

My sis and BIL worried about someone else not handing over the baby and its really awful as even though the embies are genetically theirs - if the surro decides to keep it - she has the right! It would be really hard in law to change that decision. This just seems so wrong and I know that I will feel very close to my niece or nephew ( should this work) and its going to be hard to carry, give birth and then hand over - but never ever have i thought that the baby would be in any way mine. It would just be so so wrong to ever think of the baby in that way.

Anyway sorry about the mega long post . I wish you loads of luck with this months treatment - when do you test? I will be keeping fingers crossed for you!

Are you at Isis in colchester? - My sis and BIL live in Suffolk - we were with Mr Lower.

Take Care

Love Suzie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts