Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.  I am in a bit of a dilemma.  I have recently just completed a fresh tx of ivf/icsi on the 27th March 2008.  After the 2ww it resulted in a  ^BFN^  :( AF arrived on the 9th of April and is still with me!!  To begin with the bleed was very dark almost black and very thick and clotted.  This went on for a week and on and between the 16th and the 20th of April no bleed.  On the 21st started spotting again then came heavier bleed and has continued, the last couple of days fairly heavy and fresh bright red blood. 
Had severe abdominal pain yesterday morning and had to take to my bed.  DH rang our fertility clinic who advised us to go to A&E.  After being transfered to the general hospital and getting hooked up to a drip {very dramatic!} countless blood tests and urine samples {which came back positive both times} they suspect an ectopic pregnancy.  Will be going for a scan this afternoon to see what they can find then another blood test tomorrow afternoon {48hrs after 1st}   ^twitch^  Have got really sore boobs and just period like pains in lower abdomen and sometimes a sharp shooting pain in the left ovary area.  Phew!!
Sorry if that's a littlle confused and garbled but I just don't know whats going on with my body at the moment.
If anyone out there has gone through something similar I would love to hear from you.

Bunagirl. ???

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi

I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you are going through all this.  ^fingerscrossed^ that hopefully this afternoon's tests will get to the bottom of the situation and you will get sorted.

It truly is a horrible time but hopefully soon it will be sorted and you can concentrate on your recovery.

Take care

Axxxx

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks A for your response.  Have just got back from hospital this morning.  It was an ectopic pregnancy {8wks} and they operated immediatley.  They had to remove the tube, but all went well.  Oh well at least it didn't happen this weekend when we were supposed to fly out to Lisbon for my birthday.  :'(

Thanks again Bunagirl. x

·
Registered
604 Posts
Bunagirl  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

what a traumatic time you are having. Just wanted to say sorry this is happening and take good care of yourself. Hope the weekend away brings some welcome rest and relaxation

Dahlia x

·
Registered
99 Posts
Didn't want to read and run. I'm sorry to hear about your ectopic, it sounds awful. I hope you recover quickly and that you have better luck with any future treatment you have.  ^hugme^
Lucy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts