Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all
would really appreciate any nuggets of advice here.....unfortunately my sister and her hubby look like they will need treatment, i do hope not to the same extent as us. she lives in manchester and the gp has asked where she would like to be referred for investigations. she has bupa which we think will cover investigation but no treatment, bupa hospitals in the area being alexandra/regency....any consultant recommendations??? thanks xxx

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi countrymouse

I am now 20 weeks pregnant following successful FET (following failed fresh and FET) at MFS in Manchester and I can honestly say they were brilliant.  We looked into CARE and MFS in Manchester (both private) and went with gut feeling and opted for MFS.  However Care do immune testing and futrher investigations, but I beleive only after 2-3 failed cycles.

Hope this helps somehow xxx

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks rubyruby. that's such fantastic news for you many congrats!! i hope everything goes well for you xx
which consultant did you see and were they good to deal with?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also rubyruby did you have your investigations done there?

·
Registered
644 Posts
We were under Dr Kerecyeni (think its spelt like that!!) - he was lovely

We had AMH test done, all screening and hubby had sperm analysis done (as the issue was with him and all my other tests were clear they didn't pursue any further tests).  I had hormone level tests done at my GP surgery before my referral

All I can say is the staff are lovely and i'd recommend your sister goes to one of teh open evenings xxx

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
hi i can recommend CARE have been to MFS and CARE both were good but i have felt a lot better at CARE.  I would recommed she looks at both and see which one she prefers you have to feel comfortable there
xx

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi

I conceived my daughter on my second cycle at MFS, then had 2 cycles at CARE, then had a further 2 cycles at MFS none of which were successful.  At my wits end I found Dr Luciano Nardo at Gyne Health who was fab and looked at the reasons why our IVF wasn't working and treated this accordingly.  We had one cycle with him and it worked, so personally I would recommend him as I felt like he listened to us and treated the root of the problem rather than just taking our money and putting us on the conveyor belt.  That said lots of people like MFS & CARE and have had succcess with them x

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've only had experience of Care and got a BFP on my first round of treatment.  Whilst it was effective, I have to say that the patient experience wasn't that great and that I felt like I was on a conveyer belt, especially for my embryo transfer. I don't think they are very personable and they charge for every tiny little add on. That being said, I got a BFP and that is the most important thing.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. Fingers crossed for them and good luck to you all xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts