Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all.

I've been reading FF over the shoulder of my wife for some time now. She's never wanted to post q's up but I think forums are great in getting advice and support.

We've already gone through one failed cycle late last year which was with a certain Raynes park ferltility clinic. I belive one of the nurses has left which is good as We thought the level of care to be very poor...

The reason we went through the private root was that my lovely wife does not want to go on a high dosage cycle and so we opted to go low dose on short protocol..  We got 12 eggs with 6 emmbies ( got to know the trems used here) and had two implanted but to no avail.

The crunch is we are no going with the NHS up here in the North.  We are on their short protocol were they start you on a high dose of 450 purogen.. then monitor bloods and adjust accordingly..  She has taken the first jab of 450 tonight but is not happy as she feels this is way too high... is it? 

One Idea we have is to 'self medicate' down to 225 after the blood test and run the cycle at that..  What are your thoughts on this? 

These are not easy journeys that we are on and thank you for sparing your time in looking at my post. An y advice would much appreciated with what you think is High Dose and its possible unwanted affects.

All the best, and good luck to you.

Simon

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I was on 600 of puregon but I am a poor responder. 

I am also a nurse and would never advocate for anyone to self medicate, I would ask you to speak to your clinic and discuss how she/you feel about the dosage being so high.  I presume that you have been open with the clinic and shared your notes/regimen from the Create as a previous cycle and response cycle is key to the next cycle being a success.

Often they start cycles on higher does and then drop them after 4 days, I was told that the start of the cycle is the time when they 'recruit' the eggs. Maybe see what the blood test shows.

I never noticed any different side effects on the different doses of stims (Puregon/gonal f etc).

Wishing you all the best for the cycle, but I would encourage you to  talk to your clinic
L x

·
Registered
282 Posts
My 2nd cycle I started on quite a high dose after responding poorly the 1st time round. At my 8 day scan, my follicles were growing nicely so they reduced the dose accordingly. I did not have any more side effects with high dose than I did with the lower dose. Just a better outcome.

TracyM

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Simon

welcome to FF

Well done for posting, the forums are a great source of information

Sorry to hear of your and DW's bfn from your first cycle

I would tend to agree with JJ1 in speaking to your clinic about your concerns on the dosage of the stims drugs

My clinic starts with a low dose drug and then alters it accordingly after the first scan and blood test i was on a "high dose" with them at 250 IU of puregon, they tend to start off at about 150 i believe

When is your DW's first blood test/scan ???

I think you need to broach your concerns with them, and ask them for their feedback

Wishing you and DW lots of luck for your cycle

A great source of support at this time would be the cycle buddies threads

heres a link for the may/june bugs you may find it helpful

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=141703.0

Best wishes
Emxx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for you advice..

We just taken the second lot of drugs ( well I pushed the plunger in ) and we'll wait to see what the bloods come back as tomorrow. Till then many thanks

Simon and Jo

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Good luck with the tests tomorrow  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

(and well done with the plunger business  ::) )

Emma

1 - 6 of 6 Posts