Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this thread may be abit to much information but need help. 

My partner hasnt really wanted to have sex since i started my tx, as he said he didnt want to mess anything up, not that he would.  I have now said he needs to start either with me or manually (tmi) so that his sperm is being renewed.  Egg collection on tuesday providing my follicles sort themselves out.  Am i right what i am saying or should he store it up? i know you are not supposed to ejaculate three days before a sperm test is it the same for sperm sample for icsi, but we could fit alot in between now and then ha ha.

Help please C X

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi there

With IVF he definately needs to empty the existing supply prior to giving a fresh batch on your EC day.  I can't remember the exact recommendation but all I can tell you is that I had EC on Wed 28th November so we had sex for the last time on the Saturday before just as we were going to bed (24th Nov) and he did not ejeculate inside me.  Approx 72 hours before EC rings a bell, I will try and find it on this site for you as that is where I got it from,   If you ring your clinic they will give you their advise as with ICSI it may different.........

Hope this helps and good luck with everything.

Nacknick. xx

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi dolly daydream (great name by the way!!) My DH was told to abstain from ejaculating for between 3 and 5 days but not to leave it longer than the 5 days as they are over mature and unusable. We had ICSI treatment so I should think that this would be the same for you. Hope this helps. Good luck with the Egg collection on tuesday  ^hugme^
Sarah xx

·
Registered
408 Posts
hi dolly daydream,

we were told 3-5 days as well for icsi, ideally 3-4.  my man was the same and i too had to give him a wee pep talk!!!  ;D

good luck,

wishing x

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, looks like im going to be busy for next few nights  ;D

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi Dolly daydream, I'm doing Icsi and go for EC on Friday, my DH has been told 36 hours to 3 days.  Give your clinic a buzz just to make sure though.
G x x

·
Registered
408 Posts
maybe it varies depending on your dh's personal situation regarding count, morphology etc?

w x

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
we had our last  ^hump^ on the tuesday night and EC on friday morning then no naughties til after 2ww

Goodluck  ^reiki^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

We were told to abstain for 3-5 days prior to EC but I know some clinics do have definate guidelines on how long it should be.

All the best

x x x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Sperm test/IVF/ICSI all the same when it comes to providing sample.  Our clinic are very specific and say no less than 60 hours and no more than 72 hours.

Good luck
Natasha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts