Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently undergone my third attempt at ICSI. The first round was successful, after two embryos developed from 5 suitable eggs. The embryos were transfered and I had a positive pregnancy test. However, within a week of this I miscarried. :-[

The second round of treatment was cancelled, due to a poor response - only 2-3 follicles of suitable size.

This time, drugs were increased to 225 and 13 eggs were collected. However, only 3 were of suitable quality and none of these fertilised. We have been told that the eggs were of a poor quality and that some were not mature enough.

I am 34 years old. My husband and I were referred for ICSI because he has had a vasectomy and attempts to reverse this have been unsuccesful. As far as I am aware, I have no fertility issues. However, now I am very worried, as the clinic say they are concerned about the poor quality of the eggs and that it is very unusual for none to fertilise.

I really need more information about what 'poor quality eggs' means and why some hadn't matured. I would also like more information about possible causes for non-fertilisation during the ICSI process. I know that I can't be given exact explanations, but would like to gain as much information as possible to help me cope with the extreme disappointment. I really don't understand.

Unfortunately, our next appointment at our clinic will not be for several weeks. During conversations on the telephone with nurse and doctor, they have mentioned other alternatives, one of which is egg or embryo donation - I am now even more worried. Why would they be suggesting this already? Does this mean I have a fertility problem, and one that can't be overcome? ???

Any information would be very welcome. It would be very helpful to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience.

This is the first time that I have posted a message on here, though I have been reading with interest. Please help!

Jaydon :)

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi jaydon

welcome to ff, i am sorry i can offer no advice hun but i wanted to give you a big ^cuddleup^. i hope you get some answers real soon.

luv pam

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi Jaydon
Welcome to FF, sorry I can't help with your questions but glad that you have found us!
Have you tried the main ICSI board, someone there might be able to help.
Chicl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts