Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure were to post this, so thought i would try here first.

I am due to start my first IVF on my next cycle, to start on day 21. But my AF hasnt arrived yet, it was suposed to be here on wednesday, which i told the clinic. I know that im not overly late but i have nver been this late before, ever! Im just not sure what to do, im worried that if AF doesnt show soon that i might lose my IVF (which is on NHS)
Anyone been in this situation and what did you do? Should i phone my clinic (im at Bourn hall colchester)?
Any advice would be great

Thanks xxx

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi,

I'm not sure why you would be late but I don't think that you can lose your IVF slot so I shouldn't panic too much.  I am also on NHS (2nd cycle) and from what I understood your NHS certificate lasts for a certain amount of time from when they issue it as in months.  You just need to book in on day 1 of AF.

Hopefully she will show up soon and you can start.
x

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
phone your clinic. i was down on list for ivf the week i was due on, you may need moving onto next weeks list
you wont lose your free ivf though hun  ^hugme^

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hi,

Phone the clinic, but I can't see it being a problem.  When my funding was authorised it was valid for 6 months.

Good luck.

Stacey

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replies. Will phone clinic tomorrow and see what they say. Just so frustrating  :( 

xxx

·
Registered
51 Posts
You will have funding for a specified period of time - my IVF got put back because of Christmas , so in theory, we waited two extra months - so it will be all ok - if you are worried contact clinic and PCTxxx

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
its all the waiting, i know. but once your af starts its all go from there. with tubal damage you stand a good chance of ivf working, plus u are still young (i was 33 with damaged tubes)

good luck  ^hugme^  ^reiki^

·
Registered
125 Posts
hi littlehush

sorry to hear your af hasn't arrived and i too know what it feels like i am now 36 days and am still waiting for mine,my last cycle was 40 days but before all treatment i was 28 days  ^idiot^ hope it comes real soon for you xxx ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all!
Pleased to say that AF just arrived!! So happy!

xxx

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
there u go....you will be off before you know it, positive vibes  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts