Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since coming off the pill 1 year ago I have not ovulated, I am on my second course of 50mg clomid & the first course never worked. I am currently doing home ovulation sticks & today is day 17 & I have a line. Although the line is slightly lighter than the test line does this mean at last I've ovulated. I've never had a line before so I need to check.

Please help.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi,

Not totally sure, but I think it does mean you have ovulated. Just wanted to sympathise with you as the same thing happened to me, I came off the pill 18 months ago and didn't ovulate. I am on my first cycle of clomis (100mg) and think I have now! Good luck, hope you have  ^reiki^

Kelly x

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi nb

when you do a stick you should have 1 blue line  as a gide  and the way to tell you are overlating is that it should be darker than your gide one , you overlate for 2 days so do it again tomorrow

good luck maddi xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi there

I'm not sure I can really help as I don't do OPK's but when I very 1st started ttc (2 yrs ago) I did use them for a few months...from what I remember "your test line" has to be the same colour, if not darker, than the "guideline".  OPK's show the LH surge - once you get the surge then you'll ovulate approx 24-36 hours afterwards...so basically once you get a positive OPK then plenty of ^BMS^ ;)

Good luck & take care ^reiki^
Natasha

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
hiya girls, just wanted to reiterate Natasha as I do use opks.  Your test line will build up from a faint line darker and darker until its the same or darker than the guide line.  When it is you will ov within the next 36 hours so you need to get plenty of jiggy jiggy in then. 

If you are finding these particular pee sticks hard to fathom, the clearblue digital ones are good (although dearer) as they give a circle O for non-surge or a smiley face  :) when its detected.

Good luck  ^reiki^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.