Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I have read that herbal tea is supposed to be good for implantation.. does anyone else know if this is true? 

Also is there any of the herbal tea that we should'nt drink??

Should be drink before EC & ET or after ET?

Thank you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki

Als xx

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Hi Als2003flower ,
I'm not sure about herbal teas helping implantation ??? But you should definatly avoid any tea that contains Hibiscus . I found the best one to be Twinnings Lemon and Ginger .
Whilst stimming its v important to drink loads of water , also a lot of ladies drink a litre of milk a day .
Theres a post on the 'Ladies in waiting' about foods to eat and avoid .
Love
Freespirit x

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Freespirit

I have just bought some herbal tea and have just read the ingredients and the majority of the flavours have hibiscus in them !!

Do you know the reason we shouldn't drink them ?

thanks

Susanx

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm quite keen on herbal teas but I hadn't heard this about hibiscus.  A web search wasn't very helpful.  I found one site that said you shouldn't drink caffeinated hibiscus tea (?) but non-caffeinated was fine.  Another reference said it could reduce male fertility! 

I've also heard that nettle tea is good, although it's definitely an acquired taste...

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Found this on green tea, which I do like:

Green Tea and Fertility: In the context of reproductive health, Green Tea is a powerful antioxidant that enhances fertility by repairing the oxidative damage that occurs as the result of environmental toxins, aging, stress, exercise, lack of sleep, and poor diet (processed foods). A study from the American Journal of Public Health found that drinking 1/2 cup or more of green tea daily doubled the odds of conception per cycle. Another study concluded that women who drank more than one half cup of green tea every day doubled their odds of conceiving.

Not sure about counteracting folic acid, though. It's a minefield out there....

·
Registered
563 Posts
Oh well, your search engine is obviously better than mine!

I like cinnamon and ginger teas, which are nice and warming - a good thing in Chinese medicine!

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
I have spent years drinking herbal/fruit teas because I thought they were doing me good. 

All those years I have tried to conceive...maybe I don't have 'unexplained infertility'  maybe I was just drinking the wrong thing.

As all these herbal tea manufacturers market their teas as being good for your health and thousands of TTC woman/couples drink the stuff in the belief they are doing their body good, maybe their packaging should carry a health warning that they could cause infertility.........

I feel very strongly that we should start a campaign about this.  Does anyone else feel like this?

Allison xx

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
;D  thanks for all the replies.....

^Cuddle^

als xx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.