Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies,

I currently take viabiotics "Pregnacare" tablets once a day.

A friend has suggested, after seeing it on telly, taking seaweed capsules once a day.

I am doing some research on net as we speak, but is it ok to take both at same time?

Thanks for advice

Zoe x

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also i forgot:-

how about taking this "baby aspirin? can that be taken aswell?

Zoe x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Hi Zoe,

Personally i am not familar about taking seaweed at all, like you i will try and find something out for you.

Jeanette may be more up to date on taking vits or ask at the pharmacy, they will tell you.

Taking baby asprin is still quite a delicate area and i cannot advise one way or another about taking this, if you decide to take it please let your clinic know you are doing so, they may be against it or may be for it.

Mel

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank Mel, also thanks for putting me on belly buddies!

Keep  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Zoe x

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Zoe,

I am not medically qualified in any way,so was unsure if I should post to you on here,but I have taken Iodine/seaweed tablets.

I started taking them last August,as I had heard positive things about them & took a multivitamin & evening primrose oil at the same time.I concieved naturally that month,but sadly the baby was ectopic.

I carried on with the seaweed/vits ect after being given the all clear to try again & had another natural conception just 7 wks after losing my 1st baby.I am now just over 37 wks pg.

I honestly don't know if this was down to the seaweed tablets or not,as I also had acupunture too,but the fact I got pg twice after 3.5 years of trying points to something working.

Good luck,whatever you decide & if I can heklp,let me know.
Love
Kathryn

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Kathryn & Good Luck, nearly there!  ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^

Zoe x x x

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hi Zoe

From the information I have read seaweed capsules (wild/ kelp) are a rich source of iodine which is known to stimulate the thyroid gland and metabolism. KELP is an edible form of seaweed, but it is not recommended for use in pregnancy.

Im unsure of baby aspirin, but I gather that it is used for women at risk of pre eclampsia or those who have had recurrent miscarriages. I agree with Mel, you really need to discuss this with your clinic doctor.

Hope this helps

Jeanette

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have found a website called oceansofgoodness and they have confirmed their tablets do not have a huge amount of iodine in them and with the two taken together it shouldn't exceed 1000ug per day, and are recommended by the organic baby book.

So i think it ok for me to have a go, i have put a call out to my fertility clinic just to check.

Thanks  ^sunny^

Zoe x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts