Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Has anyone used She Oak?  Where do you get it from & how effective is it?
And does anyone know whether it's ok to take agnus castus &/or She Oak together whilst I'm taking thyroxine for hypothyroidism?
Sorry to ask so many questions - I've spoken to my doctor about it and she didn't know much about agnus castus.  I'm just keen to try anything that may give my fertility a boost!!
Thanks.  

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi

I can't answer most of your questions I'm afraid, but She Oak is available from www.baldwins.co.uk or www.healthlines.co.uk (I think those are the right addresses - if not it's .com !)

I've been taking it for a few weeks - am also taking agnus castus twice daily.

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.UK or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there,

If you've got hypothryoidism (as I have), you need to work extra hard to get your hormone levels balanced to enable you to conceive. Have you tried Reflexology - it's worked for me.

Details of She Oak are here:

http://www.healthlines.co.uk/FLOWER_ESSENCES/Bush_Essences/Aus_Ess/Ess_SO.html

I am not aware of any contraindications with taking these when you have hypothryoidism, but it may be good to mention it to your GP.

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.UK or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
Thanks for your advice - and I've just had my first reflexology session, which I loved, very relaxing, hope it works!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi

I'm afraid I don't know anything about She Oak or Hypothyroidism. (I have PCO(S)) However, I started taking Vitex Agnus Castus at the start of my last cycle - AF arrived after 32 days - something of a record as previous cycles had been 45-60 days apart! I've had no side effects on it, and am taking Metformin 850bd as well.

I don't know of any contraindications with hypothyroidism, the website below gives details of a potential positive benefit on hormonal imbalance caused by increased prolactin (secreted by Pituitary Gland which also secretes TSH - Thyroid Secreting Hormone - so it may help?

http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/vitex.html

or try this one . . .

http://www.diagnose-me.com/treat/T165243.html

I've also read reports that Agnus Castus should be taken as 1 dose in the morning. Also to stop taking them mid-cyle if you suspect you could be preggers - as I have no idea when mid-cyle occurs, I stopped after 2.5 weeks last month and still had a shorter cycle!

Hope this helps a bit

Wishing you lots of luck and . . .

^fairydust^

Jacqui
xxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hiya Catfu,

I get really excited when I see someone post about She Oak.

We'd been ttc for nearly 4 years. Had some treatments but nothing worked.  After 3 months on She Oak, we fell pregnant naturally. I truely believe that it helped, if not, the sole reason it worked. I got mine from a nurse I work with who is a homeopath. She made it clear that it isn't a homeopathic remedy, but a bush remedy. Which is great as it means you don't have to avoid certain things like mint. She did say to be careful that you don't buy the Oak Bachflower remedies as this is something totally different. It has to be the bushflower.

Hoping soooooooooo much it works for you - I'll keep my ear to the ground. Lots of luck - sending rainbows your way ^reiki^.

Love Angexxxxxxxxxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts