Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here. It seems to be good for support and info.

How do you enter the little text at the bottom of your message with the little info bit about yourself??  Anyways, I have been TTC for one year, MC last year.

I have been taking Zita West vitamins (for me and DH), Vit C, evening primrose oil, royal jelly. Also drinking wheatgrass. Am on accupuncture and reflexology. Am taking Chinese herbs too. Sometimes aromatheraphy oil massage on my belly. Also drinking a herbal tea like raspberry leaf or nettle everyday. How much herbal tea drinking are you drinking?

teehee, you name it, I'm doing it.

It just seems like I'm taking a zillion (maybe 8-10) pills. How many pills are you ladies popping. Could there be too much? I think I need to add Co enz10?

And how much herbs do you take? Could there be too much too? I have heard of Vitex, Milk Thistle helping. Haven't tried yet. 

Thank you!! let me know what you think...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hello Pawre  :) Welcome!
I too am taking lots of herbs and vits. I take Marilyn Glenville's fertility plus tablets then 1000mg flaxseed oil, 1000mg vit c, milk thistle, agnus castus and cranberry tablets together with green tea and am having reflexology whilst also trying to keep on a special siet for PCOS!! The things we do just to have a successful pregnancy eh?!
Well you get the writing at the bottom of the screen by going in and editing your profile found at the top of the screen.
Speak soon and good luck!
Love
Helen1 xxxxx

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. 

Glad to know I'm not the only one taking so many things!

Just learning my way around this site!  OK, I'll try to modify my profile.

:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm also taking a truckload of supplements, and I do sometimes wonder if it's too much.... but I feel pretty healthy, even if I'm not pregnant, so will carry on for the moment!

At the moment, I'm taking (probably forgotten something) a general TTC/pregnancy supplement, vitamin E, vitamin C, selenium, zinc, L-arginine, Co Q-10, flaxseed oil, bee pollen, spirulina, errr....  I'm having acupuncture as well but am not taking any Chinese herbs at present.

With herbs, certainly, you do need to be careful as they can have powerful effects.  It is probably best to seek advice from a qualified herbalist if in doubt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi

Just following on from that, does anybody know if its ok for men to be taking Siberian Ginseng tablets along with the usual Marilyn Glenville Fertility Plus, Flaxseed Oil and Vit. C? Also, anybody had any good results with these or other herbs?

Thanks

Sarah

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Sarah

Both myself and dh took the Marilyn Glenville vits and also took Linseed oil and AGnus Castus.

We had male factor but I also have an elevating FSH.  2 failed ICSI's and we tried this route to boost our system for our 3rd attempt.

Worked  - with my successful pg (natural) and we now have our little miracle Josh.

Good luck hope the old herbs work again for all of you.

Barbara

·
Registered
13 Posts
Barbara

That's brilliant news - congratulations!

May I ask how long you did the Marilyn Glenville plan for before you became pregnant?

Also, how many mg of Agnus Castus did you take?  Do you think we should be taking that too? (I myself have no fertility problems but dp has a low sperm count, mobility etc).

Do you think its ok to take all of these together??

Thanks for the advice.

Sarah
x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts