Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My Ivf failed last week & I have to wait for the hospital to write for a follow up app. My FSH highest level was 10. ? and I dont know if that is why I didnt produce many eggs & my embies wernt great quality either. Why do the FSH levels matter ? Is it to do with egg / embie quality ? Also does wheatgrass work ? I have bought wheatgrass cocktail ( take it its mixed to try make it taste better !! ) I wondered when I should start drinking it ? how close to me next attempt.
Loads of questions im sorry.

I would be greatfull for any help I want to improve any chances I have next time.

Thank you

Katy. xxx

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
My Ivf failed last week & I have to wait for the hospital to write for a follow up app. My FSH highest level was 10. ? and I dont know if that is why I didnt produce many eggs & my embies wernt great quality either. Why do the FSH levels matter ? Is it to do with egg / embie quality ? Also does wheatgrass work ? I have bought wheatgrass cocktail ( take it its mixed to try make it taste better !! ) I wondered when I should start drinking it ? how close to me next attempt.
Loads of questions im sorry.
Hi Katy
Sorry to hear of your failed tx, I suffer with high FSH (mine started at 81!) Some clinics look at FSH levels to determine ovarian reserve & egg quality so from my reading i should be menopausal it also can fluctuate a lot from month to month & some say it is a bit of a red herring. I can't say if it has anything to do with your failed IVF.
I have been taking wheatgrass for the last 6 weeks, I started on the fresh shots which are foul & now take it in a powdered form with water. I can't say it was just the wheatgrass but my level is now 26 from 53 4 weeks ago. I would start taking it now if you are worried about your fsh level & I would try & take it in a pure form if possible to get the best benefits.
There have been lot's of girls on here that haven't produced many eggs but have gone onto be pregnant, a lot of eggs doesn't always mean quality so try not to worry too much.

Best of luck
Nats

·
Registered
15 Posts
My FSH was 10.4 when last tested and so have been told my success rates are lower.    I'd like to give wheatgrass a go.  Where did you guys buy your powdered Wheatgrass from?  The only healthfood store I can get to easily is H&B and I hear they don't stock it.  There are so many different sites out there that sell it and there seems to be a wide variance in price.  Help, I'm confused!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Karen,

I HAVENT BOUGHT ANY POWDERED WHEATGRASS YET, I HAVE A BOTTLE OF WHEATGRASS COCTAIL, ITS MIXED WITH LEMON JUICE ETC TIO MAKE IT TASTE BETTER. I JUST GOT MINE FROM A SMALL HEALTH SHOP WHERE I LIVE.
I WILL LOOK FOR TE POWDERED STUFF THO AND START TAKING IT AS SOON AS I HAVE MY LETTER TO GO SEE THE CONSULTANT AGAIN. MY FSH WAS THE SAME AS YOURS AND I DONT KNOW IF ITS WHY BUT MY FIRST ATTEMPT FAILED SO I REALLY WANT MINE TO LOWER BEFORE I START AGAIN,

LOVE KATY. XX

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi.

I've heard that wheat grass is good for FSH.??

What mg do you take daily for this?

Hickson x

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Hi,

I get mine in tablet form from www.puregreenfoods.com - imported from US, organic. Takes about 10 days to get here.

I am supposed to take 21 tablets a day!!!!!!!!!! But usually only manage 14.

It has helped lower my FSH, I'm certain.

Was 16 but this year has been as low as 4.5!!!

Jess x

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.UK or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hello

I am also taking wheatgrass tablets from usa and am taking around 14 a day.

Not sure if they have brought my fsh down,since it was only tested yesterday and waiting for results(last year it was 7) but have been told by many people it works and i know mine  will be starting to go up with my age,

Hope this helps

Anita.x

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I took wheatgrass this month, and my fsh went up from 9.7 to 12.1. I was only taking 7 most days, but I would not have expected fsh to rise. I think I will try agnus castus this month and chinese herbs.

I bought mine from Holland and Barrett

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi ladies.

Thanks for your posts.

I'm 39,and my FSH was just under 10 in april,and hoping to start IVF/ICIS later this year.

Are you all going through IVF?

Hickson x :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.