Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have read somewhere that wheatgrass is great for improving egg quality. Is anyone out there taking it and if so have they noticed a difference?
Also did you take it during tx.

What we grateful for any feedback

Thanks
Liz

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hi there!

Yes I have used wheatgrass 'cos it is supposed to lower fsh. I use dried "Sweet wheat". It tastes foul but is better taken in tomato juice.

As you can see from my signature, IVF has only worked the once for me, despite the wheatgrass :(

Good luck!

Jules

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you have had any side affects of wheatgrass ??

Thank you  Katy. xxx

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Katy,

Sorry to take so long to reply to your email. If I drink freshly juiced wheatgrass on an empty stomach (even with other juices) I get pain and other stomach upset symptoms.

That is the only side-effect I have noticed.

With warmest regards,

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
How can I put this nicely.....it can be a rather "moving experience" especially on the rare occasions when I can find fresh wheatgrass..... :)

Jules

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Hi,

Thanks you two. I did get a really bloated tummy for the first few days & pains but I was taking the tablets with Juice, I changed to taking them with water & its all calmed down now.............. Lets hope that it brings our FSH down & helps us produce better quality eggs.

Love Katy, xxx

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Katy,

I'll throw my tuppance in. 

When I first tried fresh wheatgrass juice some time in the early 90's I felt really very sick.  I felt like being ill and came over all sweaty and had to go lie down.  The taste was yuck as well. 

Then when I found FF I decided to try the tablets to keep my FHS low after reading about the good effect it has.  I was advised that the tablets could have a 'moving experience' side effect (well put Jules!  ;) so I started slow with one tablet a day then built up to the 8 a day I'm on now.  I've had no side effects with the tablets except to say that I don't need to use deoderant any more.  I noticed that side effect when I ran out of tablets and wasn't taking them for 2-3 weeks. 

Here's a really good web site for the tablets as recommended by a FF.  Good price and fast delivery even though they are based in the States.

www.puregreenfoods.com

My hats off to you girls who drink the fresh stuff.  You are braver than me!

x,
Almamay

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hi girls,
mmm, yes, wheatgrass does have rather an effect on the digestive tract doesn't it!
I too have this side effect, but no other, as yet!
Hoping that this magical stuff works wonders for us all.
Lisa x

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does any1 know a good website to buy wheatgrass to help lower fsh levels

And any other info on other remedies would  be much appreciatted

thanks
xxx  :)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hi,

I was recommended this site and I got my wheat grass tables from here:

http://www.puregreenfoods.com/

Quick delivery, quality product and very good price. Definitely would use them again.

My FSH was 5.8 July, 6 Aug and 4.7 Sept. A word of caution. Start taking the tablets slowly i.e. 1 tablet first day, 2 tablets second day etc. You can tell they are working because they can loosen the bowel (for lack of a better term). If it happens hold at the number of tablets you are taking, it should settle down the next day. I built up slowly and didn't have a problem.

Good luck,
Almamay

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hi

Wonder if anyone can let me know of their experiences.

Those of you that have bought wheatgrass have you noticed any noticeable difference in your body or the way that you feel.

Can I ask how much you are taking.  Its seems to vary from what I have read on the internet.

I have the powder to take its foul however they say take 3 x level teaspoons in a drink x 3 times a day.  Can you mix it with hot water do you know as I did this after trying it in cold water and nearly gagging.  Its only fractionally better and always washed down with a better tasting drink afterwards.

Thanks

Superted

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Sorry hun - no idea re/ consumption.What is wheatgrass good for? Maybe I should be taking it....!
Tuppence xx

·
Registered
935 Posts
Tuppence
Its full of vits and goodness.  Supposedly to help lowering fsh.  And so much provides one of your helpings of fruit and veg a day.

I have to say its pretty disgusting stuff but if it works then I will give anythnig a try.

Superted

·
Registered
91 Posts
Superted-never tried the powder but sounds absolutely vile!!!! :eek:
However-can recommend Wheatgrass pills which are almost tasteless and the only downside is that you have to take 21 (yes you heard right!!!) each day. I got mine from Puregreen Foods in US. Quick delivery and not so expensive.
Good Luck!!
Sazz

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
mmmm sounds interesting. may need to give the tablets a go. Thanx for giving us the US company sazz.

hope y'all well t'night!
tuppence xxx

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi
How are you getting on with the wheatgrass i havent taken any yet but i am on Agnus Castus which is also good for high FSH levels but i have only been on this AC for about one month and my period is late not sure if this is due to that as i have had the odd late period in the past.
I hope that my period starts then i can carry on with the AC as it may help
if it doesnt start soon i will not know if to stop using it only about to look into ivf again so i will try anything that might help.
Take carex

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hello I am taking the wheatgrass neat. Growing it and juicing it and what a royal p**n in the a**e it is. BUT it does seem to be working - but its early days yet. I think I am going to get the pills though.

If anyone is interested you can get organic wheat grass delivered by aconbury sprouts - it tastes OK quite sweet just a big hastle to do.

Agnus Castus MUST be stopped at least 3 months before ANY fertility treatment including Clomid (but I am sure you all know this).
ems

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hi Girls,

I have been taking wheat grass tablets since last May or April.  I take them because of my age and I'm worried about my FSH going mental on me.  It seems to be working.  Here are my FSH results:

May 03 - 5.6
July 05 - 5.8
Aug 05 - 6
Sept 05 - 4.8

I take the tablets rather than the juice because the juice is just vile.  I get my tablets from this web site:

www.puregreenfoods.com

I know other women on this site who have used them and are very happy with the service so I would recommend them. 

I've not heard about wheat grass being used for egg quality but I have always responded well to stimulation and FSH is suppose to indicated stimms response.

Good luck,
Almamay

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi, everyone
I think i might stop taking the Agnus Castus and try the wheatgrass as i think it is making my period late i have read about this from the site it does seem to happen.
Has your cycles been normal i notice you have been taking them for quite a while and do you stop the wheatgrass long before your ivf starts because i suppose if we had to stop taking them 3 mhs before probably FSH would go up again anyway
do you use home tests for your levels or go to the GP to have them checked.
How many should you take a day Wheatgrass and can you take it with ACastus.
Sorry to go on
THANKS AND GOODLUCK

·
Registered
227 Posts
dear nickel :)

i started agnus castus last month. normally periods are regular as clockwork every 30 days my fsh is 7.6 I'm 37 we have 1 son (age 3) natural conception and DH has male factor. this month AF did not show am 10 days late and all pg tests neg could be stress but now thinking it's the Agnus C so stopped it. am thinking of getting wheatgrass. first appointment at lister to discuss isci march 15

love pinkpear

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.