Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
                  My name is Paula, I'm 28 from south wales but now living in south Yorkshire with my fiance. We have been for a baby for almost 3 yrs, 1st yr of trying i conceived twice but both times i sadly miscarried and since then not had any luck at all, Ive had all sorts of different investigations done and now I'm having a lapraoscopy and hysteroscopy done in august to check my tubes, ovaries etc to see if there is anythin causing the problems that i have, was just wondering if any 1 else has undergone this operations and if it caused any complications and if it resolved problems, would be very grateful if any 1 could provide me with some info as abit worried and scared if they are to find anything bad, thanks for taking time to read

Paula ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi paula im sian am also 28,
i have had all tests done now and after having them have found that one of my tubes are slightly twisted, this doesnt mean i cant conceive altho i am having problems....have been TTC now for 5years and am now on our second round of IVF....it did seem like such a long process to get to this point but hopefully will be worth it in the end.
im also new to this site so hopefully will gain some new friends and some helpful info....well hope all goes well for u :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey sian, thanks 4 ur msg, glad to finally speak to some 1 on here as didn't think id get any response to my post! I'm just at the very beginning of everythin really but saying that Ive been under jesspos which is a fertility hospital 4 a yr now after having 2 miscarriages and since not had any luck conceiving, both myself and fiance have undergone alot of tests which proved that the problem was me as he was perfectly fine and has 2 other children who are twins from a previous relationship, so got my pre op on the 9th june and then the ops done on the 9th, just scared wat it could b but praying its nothing too serious, they seem to think it could be endometriosis or pcos due to my symptoms so fingers crossed thats all it is and hopefully get it sorted, ive got the chance of 1 course of ivf if everthin else fails but thats gonna b a long way off yet!!
so whereabouts are u from and have u tried IUI? this the 1st time ive talked to other ppl about this as went through a really bad time last yr with depression after everythin that happened and found it so hard to talk without breaking down but on the mend now and gonna do positive thinkin all the way and not give up,

be great to talk to u sometime, not quite sure how u add friends or anythin yet

hope ur well, speak soon

Paula  :)

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Paula!!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

From what I remember (it was a few years ago!), when they checked my tubes it was a bit uncomfortable, but not painful. I suppose there are two sides to it, if they find something at least they can do something about it, after all my investigations they couldn´t find anything wrong, so just been marked down as unexplained!

Here are a couple of links that I think might help you.

Yorkshire - CLICK HERE

Pregnancy, Stillbirth & Neonatal loss ~ CLICK HERE

Members diaries (you could read the experiences of others) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Paula
i have my fingers crossed for u hun and i no exactly how it feels to get so down, i dont know how i get thru the days atm,
it has been a real struggle but i know i have so much support around me.
No i havent tried IUI i dont even know what that is...lol....i can be blonde sometimes.
im from thetford, norfolk a little town in east anglia....how about u?
i would say try and stay pos but i know how that can be  but just try n get thru the tests hun and hopefully u will get the news u want.I will be thinking of u and will keep everything crossed  :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts