Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi ladies

Went for my 1st consultation yesterday and I can't begin to explain how much better I feel.  :) We were having loads of probs at St James's mainly to do with the admin/waiting times and the way in which we were treated but thats a long story which I won't go into.  :mad:

Everything went really well, Mr Salih was very nice and explained everything fully and clearly, the receptionist we dealt with was very efficient but I know you all know this, but for me and DH this has been the best decision we've made and wish we had decided to go private from the very beginning, so can't help talking about it. Already we feel a certain amount of weight has been lifted off our shoulders we know IVF is going to be very stressful and having a good clinic who understands will help alleviate some of the stress. 

We have now got an appointment to see the nurse on 8/8/05  ;D and hopefully will start d/reg towards the end of Aug. I'm so excited and a little nervous at the same time. I can't believe we will have completed a cycle way beyond the 3-6months waiting for a nurse consultation at St James's.

I do hope everyone is well, and that you are coping with whatever stage your at in your treatments.  Its lovely to hear of happy outcomes it fills me with hope for myself.  Sending  ^reiki^ to us all.

Love sunflower. x  ^daisy^

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi Girls

Becca - Don't you Dare apologise for being down, we're hear to support you good days and bad, give yourself some time to mourn your loss, i found it really helped to do something totally different for a while but we all have to deal with this rollercoaster in our own way. Off load as much as you want to us and I'm sure we'll all try to help. sending you a ((((BIG HUG)))))

Bailypippin - Glad to hear that your mum is doing OK, will it be a long recovery from the op she's had? I went and had a massage with Linda yesterday and it was fantastic!!!!! get yourself booked in for some pampering! Have you got a bump yet?

Sunflower - Welcome to the Sheff girls! do you live in Sheff? they really are lovely there, one of my favourites is Caroline she even came to have a look at my scan the other day even though Sue was doing it! they take a real interest in you as a person rather than just a patient! Best of luck with your treatment

Kaz - How are you doing girlie not heard from you for a while but do understand if you feel you need a rest from the whole IVF business!

Ginny - glad the stimming has started when do you have your first blood done?
Julia - any news?

Lots of Love
Rach

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi again, thanks for the welcome.  :)

Melanie - I get my period around 6/8/05 then I'm seeing the nurse on 8/8/05, Mr salih told us I will start d/reg 21 days after so should hopefully be around the end of August this all depends on wether they can get all my tests through from St James's in time, if not we'll be looking at the month after.  How are you? what are the injections like, have you had any side effects?.

Rach -  I live near Wakefield, West Yorkshire, it took us ages to get to the clinic 1hr 10mins. We didn't have a run out before hand so we were unsure on where we were going. We Got lost and just managed to make it on time by 3 minutes. These message boards are really good for support and especially from girls going to or been to the same clinic.

Sunflower x

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi girls

Thank you soo much for listening.  It's a life saver to be able to off load to people who understand.  I am feeling much better today and started to think about other things in my life instead of worrying and upsetting myself about things I cannot change.  I'm sure my complete inability to cope has been due to hormones and being very tired.  I've started taking Angus Castus again (cant take during tx) which really helps get me back on track  ;)

Sunflower, welcome  ;D, I'm so glad you have chosen to go to CARE at Sheffield.  You'lll get nothing but support.  They are so positive and have so much technology at their disposal.  Mr Salih has a really good way of putting things does nt he?  :)  Good luck with your next tx  ^reiki^

I hope you lovely ladies are all looking after yourselves  ;).  Julia, how are you hun?  Did I get your test date wrong  ^idiot^  Hope you are OK.

Thanks again.

Love and luck

Becca
x

·
Registered
223 Posts
hi sunflower
its great you feel happy about your move to care...its very important to feel confident as this is a big deal...ivf the whole caboudall...so im really pleased you here...we all be here laong the way through all the niggles and daft questions...i walked in your shoes before you...and as much as i read and tried to prepare its scary but worth every tear and every held breath waiting for a positive result.....we all got different problems but at the end of the day we all just want the same thing....so im gonna be here like the otheres through everything..we all got our issues and at different stages.... so to give you lots hope...i became pregant first time...it could be luck or maybe it was just my time...but i wish you the same happiness as i feel now...and it is true dreams can come true and i believe with the right people to help you ie care and all of us here ...you got to believe its going to happen to you...
Im very excited for you...and look forward to chatting more ...for now take good care of yourslf... i did a bit of a detox for my kidneys and had some accupuncture  to get me prepared...but we all got different theorys so go with your instinct...bye for now
love baileypippin xxxx

·
Registered
223 Posts
hi becca

jusst wanted to say hello...i think it will take a while for the drugs to come out your system i like vitus agnus i used to use it to stop being moody round time period....i love all the natural stuff...before implanation i was taken omega fish oils and vitamin c ....today i had a big cream cake and i loved every minute of it...made me feel ace...although i think im going to book in for a massage with rachs friend....how has your chap been ???its difficult for them i suppose they dont understand us complex brilliant creatures at the best of times...let alone pumped up full of hormone drugs...i know they feel the hurt too...
night take care
bailey pips xxx

hi rach...sort of a bump ...well when i try to hold my tummy in in not budging...my hair on my body got a bit darker...i got dark hair and always had hairy arms and that but now on my belly they gone from blond to brown ...not attractive...so need to know whether i can use the body bleach like joleen to blond them...as long as i dont get a tache...tell you what them drugs have got something to answer for...although im gratefull for the fuller breasts..funny stuff...how you feeling...do you keep looking at your photo of blob???
toodle pip love bailey pips xx

hi mel sleep tight you got the   journey in morning .. rachel was my favorite and i really think paula is superb...she was brilliant when things were going wrong....she kept her cool but really knows her stuff...yet rachel was the one i always laughed with and also cried to on phone...they all nice xxhow is rachel is she any bigger...she must be 19 weeks now...anyway hope the menopur doing the trick xx mel im in campsall which is only about 10 mins on a1 down from you  come of at the turn off for pontefract but then head into doncaster...so we all not far away ..xx its becca with oliver..her little pug...i got 4 mad dogs....thatone of them on the picture hes a bit deaf now...or at least he pretends to be...thats great news a urine infection bet you were releived.....umm prawns you are spoiling her...very good for you as well....well as i said to rach i got a bit of a pot belly  and i think i do feel pregnant and my chap now kisses my belly and says his boy  before he goes to sleep...which is nice....(although secretly if im honest like a girl......youknow what when you go into care and look at the board ahve you noticed how nearly all the twins aare boy and girl so i have this theory that they put one of each back if they got lot s embies to choose from...i asked them this but they said they had not noticed it....hey it could be twins for you...anyeay ill stop rabling bet pam the moderater thinks i wish that girl would not use up all the pages with messages...wonder what the others think who visit our site...bet they think im barking for a start...i blame it on the drugs !
night xx p.s no not heard from  julia... julia if you there we all thinking of you xx

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi Girls

nothing much to report just feeling a bit wangy tonight! thought I'd better just check in and say hello,

Baliypippin I really liked Rachel too she wasn't there for my 1st cycle but seen quite a bit of her for this one! I've never had anything to do with paula but have heard she's nice The only one I'm not keen on is Roz as I had her for my first et and it was not a positive expereience!!!! think you really need to talk to midwife about the bleach it might not be a good idea!

Ginny - keep drinking the water hon its all you can do! I took vit c and Fish oils as well vit c for general health and fish oils for concentration!!! could really do with some of that now!!!!! your not allowed to take anything after et so I wouldn't bother getting any!

Hi to everyone else
Love Rach

·
Registered
223 Posts
mel

im gutted they got science out...he was the only one who didnt ***** and orlaith got her boobs out and even kissed crying craig...god hes worse thatn me on 2 ww.....i will look in book as to exactly why i took the vit c and omega 3 there was a real good reason...but dont buy any ill send them you...still in box and sealed packets from boots...cos like rach said you stop taking them after et.....yeh i had big head aches...also you will just keep stimming till they are the right size and also your lining looks thick enough....aftr first scan they probably have bit more of an idea  of date....but i think i said before they put my dates back three days as i levelled off at one bit...but i never upped the dose just took for longer....i got big kidney ache and feel bloated today...been on my feet too long...i emailed boots today to see if i can make my hairs look like cinderellas...they gonna get back to me...as for the injections like rach said you real got to keep those kidneys working that is why the accupuncture is good too...they got a lot of work to do...i have been told that when i bled my kidneys had that to deal with as well as the  drugs and the pregnancy...so they help absorb the blood....so i know its boring but water water and more water.......and then more water....are you going to have accupuncture before and after transfer on the day....who do you see for accupuncture is it someone local...////oh i need my bed tonight...its been one of those days...so dont let the injections get you down.. i think once you see every thing going to plan with blood tests you will feel its all worth it.......does your man go with you every time..??

rach yes i had one of those days today ...so have you got to go back for another scan or have they discharged you yet??  i am really dying to feel better so i can just get on with my life how it was beofre.. i love sports and running cycling ...not been to the gym for nearly 4 months...need to do some toning at least...i like swimming but hate the faffing with hair and blood shot eyes after...and i really want to go to yoga......now i decided im not doing any of these things till 16 weeks...im walking a couple miles with the dogs now...but aprt from that nothing....if i was stressed before i would have mega workouts...thats my way of keeping stress free..not to be fit but mainly cos i like it...but i even cancelled membership to canons..although my friend got me a ten visit pass for £60 so im going to use them more as a treat day make a big deal of it.. im really for the first time in years listening to my body saying no and to chill out.how are you feeling at work are you getting tired in afternoon...any way its the weekend hope yo off work and got time to chill out yourself...are you going to grand prix at donnington...we were going to go but got other plans....

have a good weekend everyone..will catch up with you all later...keep taking the tablets so to speak ..
love bailey pips xx

·
Registered
249 Posts
hello everyone,
wanted to ask if i could join you. currently doing 2nd round of icsi at care. down reging at the mo with a banging headache!
sounds like a lot of you guys live near me (im from doncaster), and sound like a nice bunch, who are having similar experiences to me. we found the staff at care to be fab and very supportive. i achieved pregnancy last time, but miscarried very early due to a blighted ovum.hopefully things will turn out better this time.
i may have to transfer to care at notts for my egg collection cos of sheff  having limited facilities during aug. (think dr salih is on his hols, so no e/c) . this will be a bit of a bummer but i dont want to wait any longer than the 2 yrs its already took  for our 2nd funded attempt. sure you gals will understand this.
anyhow hope you let me on board!
claire ;D

·
Registered
223 Posts
hi claire

hello there glad you here with us...so this is round two for you...im glad you positive you got to beleive that this is your time and its gonna happen for you...even though i was at sheffield the doctor from nottingham actually did my egg retrieval and to be honest i wasnt bothered who did it....

well about me...ill be quick...first time private ivf icsi...and it worked and im here at week 11 and half...had some upstes along the way ie big proper bleed and clots at week 6  and been in bit pain and on bed rest but on all the scans it was still there..so i take each day at a time...and way stopped the drugs completely so starting to feel normal ish...although new things obviously happening..like a bit of  kidney ache bit sickness at night and also i cannot breath my tummy.had my hospital scans last week and clot was smaller and ovaires still a bit large but apparntaly that normal.....all the way through i have had accupuncture and really made an effort to eat well.....at least this time you know what to expect...i did not tell anyone and still havent only my mum dad know ...still can not believe it true...they say the summer is good time to concieve so im sending you all my luck on to you...im in doncaster and so is rach...she another lady in the bump brigade...so hope that gives you some positive vibes...mel similar stage to you.......so have a good weekend...i know the funding side is a bloody night mare...i decided not to wait im 35 now and so thought what the hell something more on the plastic and i even got tesco points on it!! 
hi mel....you can have them i dont want any money for them..will look n the zita west book later and see why i took them...i know there was a good reason.....as for big brother initally i liked makosi...and derick    but now i think the only genuine nice oersion is anthony he is a bit pretty but i dont think he *****es...i think kamal very confused and eugene makes me diemakosi lost the plot saying first she hadnt done it then says she pregnant ..i think a lot of women thought what???...and plus orlaith and makosi didnt even play hard to get and make the guys wait they got all there assets out asap...so no wonder anthony keeps hugging craig....and craig oh i want to slap him hard.....science was true to his word bit loud but he is young and daft...i hated maxwell...although i thought saskia was very pretty girl...she really had them boys round her finger..oh the power of a women eh...probably tomorrow ill change my mind again....prefered celebrity love island....i never watch telly and now im been addicted ..im driving myself mad....anyway was naugthy last night had a chinese and yum yum....

hi rach hope you ok..how you today

julia are you there we all thiking of you.

hi kaz and becca..enjoy yolur weekend

take care all  of up to leeds now to have a look in barker stonehouse ,..might have a sneaky look in mamas and papas...if i dare...
love bailey pip xx

·
Registered
249 Posts
hi melanie and bailey pippin and all you other guys!!
thanks for the welcome. you all seem really positive and clued up with whats goin on with you all, forgive me it will take me a while to catch you up. currently this is day 10 of suprefact injections. infact i only just remembered to do tonites about 2 mins ago,durrghh!!!
im next at the clinic on the 29th for bloods and scan, hopefully then it will be onto simming.
melanie; i am expecting to transfer to notts for ec/et.up to then sheff remains open on minimal staff for bloods and scans.i couldn"t care less who does it as long as its a success, although the familiar faces of the sheff staff would be nice.my fave nurse is debbie, then sue. debbie held my hand when i screamed the place down last time during egg collection- bloody agony though i highly reccommend the phentonal ?(morphine derivative) if your offered it!!
just to give you a few more details .me pcos, dh sperm need resusitating(tho does have 2 kids of 17 and 20.) me 31 him 41. im a nurse for people with learning disabilities . been ttc since i was 26.
thanks again for welcoming me to the sheffield girls
wish you all a fab weekend .and good luck with your actual or impending pregnancies
luv claire x

·
Registered
82 Posts
hi everyone!
                  sorry havent posted for a few days.we've had my 16 year old nephew staying for a week.he's a little bit nosey so i couldnt chat to you all.i couldnt even get on my pc cos of him claiming it to play san andreas!  ;D

hope your all ok!...baileypippin did you say you live at campsall?...thats not far from me!

chat later...just going to morrisons,see you all later

lots of love kaz xxxxxxx

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi Girls

Bailypippin - How are you doing hon? I'm so tired  having to go to bed every afternoon!!!! you sound like a bit of a fitness fanatic! If I'm honest I'm a bit of a lazy slob although I do really miss my salsasize class, I'm thinking of taking yoga back up as it supposed to be good for pregnancy. I've been discharged from Care and got a date for my first midwife appt but need to change it as I'm on a course that I've been trying to get on for nearly a year!

Clare - welcome to the Sheff girls! I'm a Donny girl too and even more spookily I'm also an LD Nurse!!!!! where do you work? I'm currently eight weeks preggy following my 2nd icsi, so sorry to hear about your loss last time, hope things work out better for you this time

Ginny how are you coping with the stimming hope your drinking lots! if your suffering with side effects try green tea its very de-toxifying and fine to drink throughout pregnancy!  "Wangy" means a bit washed out and knackered!!!!!

Kaz - Nice to hear from you hon how are you feeling?

Love Rach

·
Registered
223 Posts
hi rach

i think it normal to be tired..i have got better since stopped taking the drugs as they made me feel bit dizzy as well...but just sleep when you can...i been waking up early and then can not get back to sleep  but by mid afternoon i start to feel tired and bache ache...yesterday and this is going to sound stupid because everyone would think i would be glad but we were going out for the day to the big game fair at belvoir castle and it was chilly and all my jeans and other trousers i could not fasten them so felt really crap...my chap obviously saying you3 months pregnant what do you expect but at the same time i was fed up trying all my clothes on...hence to say went out in a pair of shorts and sandall flip flops..and got completely soaked....so its time to go and get some clothes..tops ok but bottoms thought i would go and get some gypsy style skirts...the thing is it just feels like a bloat not a pregnant belly...i know its stupid and should be glad that im growing...just you know when you fed up and think you look naf...i never done yoga but want to start...i know at canons yo got to do a course but thought i might look around see if anyone doing any thing at a hall somewhere...if you fancy going together  that would be nice...although i know you working so we could wait till you further on...

hi kaz

glad you ok hun and had your nephew to stay bet that kept you busy....yes im at campsall  we must arrange something for everyone to meet....even if it just a coffee somewhere nice or even a bottle boring water for a change...
what are your plans now have you had time to think what and when you gonna do...how is your chap hows he feeling about everything?  anyway take care chat later love bailey piipin
x
x

hi mel how did the blood test go today..? did you have an early start..i was always late you know never used to set of till 7.45 and so used to get there between half eight and 9 .15 which is fine ... i used to get nervous seeing everyone parked in their cars if i went early.. i hate the whole ticket thing...so by lunch time youll know how things are progressing and to carry on with your menopur let us know...have they said whether your egg collection will fall into clinic holiday yet or will you be ok..which nurse did you see today...i can send you the omega three..photocopied the info on omega three for you...now the vitamin c should be 500mg but are you taking the pregnacare so you might just want to buy a smaller dose to make it up..i got the 500 if you want them...they just in a boots tub and not sealed though..(the omega sealed packets) if you text me your address to 07855 323253 and ill post them out today
love bailey pippin xx

·
Registered
82 Posts
hi baileypippin
                  we've got an appointment with philip lowe on 2nd august for a review.after that we have to wait around a year for another go on nhs.my DH is fine..i think he took it harder than it showed.he put on a brave face for me.im fine also.i just found it all so draining!..this site kept me going thru it all.i dont know if they do things different on second attempt or not.anyway hows you?..we only live at scawthorpe so thats not far from you.my aunty kit lives at campsall.

hi rach
          we are doing ok.finally managed to get hair cut and coloured! ;D.what did they do different on your 2nd attempt?.i hope your resting and taking it easy babe.

hi ginny
          how are doing hun?.have you scanned yet?

hi becca
          hope your ok babe!...what are your plans now?..i hope your not feeling as down as the other day hun.it made me feel so sad for you,i wanted to give you a big hug!.we have to focus on the good things in life not the bad..theres always someone worse off than ourselves babe!

love and hugs kaz xxxxx

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi girls, I'm trying to do a sneaky post at work so apologies for any typos.

Mel, please dont be down about things.  I bet hardly any ivf patients, including thoses with BFP are text book cases.  The fact that they have upped your Menopur just means you need more, that's all hun, and that is nt a problem. 
  I know I'm not a success story but I had 4 bottles of Menopur daily on our 1st go for over 3 weeks plus small amounts of the trigger injection.  My ovaries are damaged but I got 4 lovely mature eggs at ec which all fertilised.  Please dont panic, it's all in hand sweetie and I'm so confident you will get those lovely eggs soon.  Do you know how many follies you've got?

I'll do personal later girls as it's a bit diff atm, I've shrunk my 'windon' so small I cant read the other posts.  We have our following up on the 8th Aug with Phillip Lowe, I believe he's from Manchester.  If he is going to treat us then I'm wondering if I should just go to the CARE hosp in Manchester?  Not sure about that one yet.

Kaz, I was thinking the same as you about will they do things diff next time.  Mr Salih seemed to think that if it went well then not to change things until you have had 3 negs.  But with him not being there it'll be interesting to see if Philip Lowe will be the same.  I know some other clinics like you to get more eggs so they give you more stimms.  We will have to see, eh.

I've been getting hot flushes, but I'm feeling a lot better now.  Got a bit drunk on Sat and played pool with some friend whilst out in Blackpool.  Still tearful about my dog, he'll be going to the vets on Wed so no doubt I'll be booing then. 

Sorry will do personals, love to you all.

Becca
x

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi Girls

I nearly fell asleep at my desk today!!!!!!! can't believe its possible to be this tired! I've got my first midwive appt next Tues at 3pm how exciting is that!!!!!

Bailypippin - I know of a Yoga class that will be starting in the next couple of weeks at Life Skills on Duke street in Donny (behind Karisma Nighclub!) I've just rung the bloke that will be running it to ask about the pregnancy issues and have left a message for him to get back to me! Think its probably going to be a Monday night at 6ish - Just spoken to yoga bloke and basically can't do it first trimester and shouldn't be doing an ordinary class if you've never done it before! he's hoping to do some specific pregnancy stuff later in the year so I've given him my email! looks like I'll have to stick to swimming!

I think its quite exciting that your trousers don't fit! its a very good sign! whats day is your Nuchal Scan? how is your mum getting on? I'm up for meeting for a girlie coffee and chat if everyone else is!

Kaz and Becca - Best of luck with the reviews Philip Lowe has a very good reputation so I'm sure he'll be able to guide you to what happens next! Kaz I just upped my drugs on second go!

Ginny - stop stressing girlie its very common to have to up your drugs it happended to me first time and i ended up with lovely eggies that all fertilised! Get drinking green tea to help with the side effects!
Love Rach

·
Registered
223 Posts
hi mel

i got your message and will post them out ..i dont want money for posting daftie it will only be a bit....well i took the pregnancare and the extra vit c...but i think it best you stick to the dose then you know you done everything right...you dont want to have any niggles in your mind..both of these are just vitamins which you would get from food anyway.i dont eat much fish so thats why i suplemented....but i think you still have to decide if you want to take either read the info...and even look on the net...ill send them and you can then decide...but you would not take them after et...have a chat with your man..to be honest i think most of it is down to luck...oh i can not beleive your veins...im a big baby with needles i hate having bloods.. ..so im cringing now thinking of it  its the worse thing needles.so im really feeling for you.....the scan  willl be done with the willy probe as i call it ..they can have a much better look around.........you getting nearer to your date so dont be worrying about anything ...says me...biggest worrier of all.. i just read you new post...i would nt worry about upping your dose..you know care always start at low levels to see how you respond they dont put you on high dose straight away cos everyone different a..and they want to be sure they do not over stimulate which is the worst can happen so they start of at low and take it from there..i did not up the dose but took for longer which is similar ...so dont read anything bad into it..they 100% know what they are doing....its just what happens....as for your hubby....he knows what you are going through and you allowed to shout...dont feel bad...i did it lots...but just take it for what it is and nothing serious its just the whole thing...its scary and we are  emotional rollercoasters...i dont think anyone truly understand what it does to you mentally till you do it..i had no idea i would feel like i did...it is very hard  for them although at the time i couldnt see it ...we argued big time fell out i even went away for a few days...rachel at care used to laugh at me cos she said i was like her a bit highly strung yet i thought i was this independant i can do this on my own type woman..im not going to let this get to me...and boy did i crumble...its only natural you want this to go right...he is lovely buying you candle and flowers....the thing is they dont know what to say....so trust in the nurses they know what they are doing ...think of it as a poistive move...if they did not up your dose then that would be inefective...that is why they monitoring you every other day to see how you responding....stop feeling bad now i bet rach will tell you same...give him a big kiss..and if you still feeling anxcious in the morning ring caroline  and say im feeling a bit anxcious is this normal???anyway get them drugs in you and settle down for the night with a nice bottle water or  as rach says some green tea... and watch big brother..can not believe orlaith kissed craig again...he just wants to get anthony jealous...i was howling last night...especially when derick said'whats a donner kebab...' how posh is that ..think he just putting it on myself..

hi sleepy rach....i admire you for going to work and sticking with it girl.. i had a little nap this afternoon...oh well never mind about the yoga when you get in seconed trimester and he does the pregnancy thing then i would like to do it too..my nuchal is next monday....so got that as my goal now...as for my mum thanks for asking...she still got gall stones and her liver not right so she can not ahve it removed till her bloods ok....so i been instructing her on good foods to eat...might take her for some accupuncture this week...
boyfriend wants to look on internet know so gotta go catch you later  xxlove bailey pippin xx

·
Registered
461 Posts
Where is everyone?? have you all done a runner

Ginny how are the bloods going? when are you scanning?

Bailypippin - Tis a shame about the yoga but I suppose it not worth taking any risks!

Not much else to say really!

Love Rach

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.