Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I joined some months back but haven't been very active. I'm pregnant again and looking for the most suitable boards on here to help - please could you point me in the right direction?

After 3 miscarriages last year I have been told I have antiphospholipd syndrome (anti cardiolipin antibodies) - basically sticky blood. Since my BFP I have been injecting daily with clexane. I have had 2 early scans at 7 and 9 weeks which have been fine so, so far, the best progress I have had out of the 4 pregnancies. My next scan isn't until 13 weeks (10w at mo).

I've had morning sickness since 6w but it has started fading this week so thats naturally giving me cause for concern.

Are there any boards on here where I will be most likely to find people in a similar situation?

Many thanks for your help!

Lou

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Lou, congratulations on your pregnancy! ^congrats^

I would say that if you have had 2 healthy scans so far things are looking very good but I understand your concern given your history! As a rule early pg symptoms do start to fade somwhere around 10 to 12 weeks when the placenta starts to take over and hormones start to even out a bit, although obviously everyone is different. I would say though, if you are really concerned, do contact your midwife and ask if you can go to your EPU for an additional scan - given your history and medical conditions I would imagine it should be no problem.

The best place for you now is to join the Babydust area of FF where you can share your pregnancy (and eventually parenthood) journey with others going through the same thing. I have moved this thread there (And renamed the title a bit for clarification) so others who may have experienced similar can reply and offer you support.

Wishing you lots of luck for a happy and healthy ongoing pregnancy! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much Caz!
:)

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Congratulations on your BFP!

I think everyone has gone through the worrying stage, even as soon as you walk out of the doctor's office I start to worry again, but it's all natural and part of it.

I hope that everything goes smoothly for you. The ladies on here are lovely and if you have any questions, rants or worries, just come on here and someone will help you out!

Weezy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts