Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
]Hi everyone!

I've been checking out the site for a few weeks now and have been finding it really informative and supportive. It's day 2 of 2ww of my first cycle of IVF at the Hammersmith and I am writing for the first time...

A brief history...
Had 1st ectopic 10 yrs ago aged 21, shortly after meeting my partner. Tube ruptured and had to be removed.
5 years later,  ectopic in other tube. Surgery, saved tube, but lesions etc.
2 yrs later starting to really worry so start enquiring with doc etc. Get referred to UCLH EGA. Told I need IVF.
Hubby and I wait a year before feeling ready to start. All in all process has taken about 2 yrs (NHS). Hydrosalpinx found, operation last year seals remaining tube :'( as told it could affect IVF success.

So.... here we are today, yesterday went quite well and I have really been trying to do as little as possible, even though I have been told it makes no difference! Egg collection gave us 14, and they got 8 embryos, so fingers crossed. Hubby is convinced it will work first time and I kinda do too....... but at the same time I cannot ignore my fears. Just trying to stay positive, I know it is important.
Found the whole injection thing quite hard, very hormonal and tired throughout.
As I'm writing I'm realising there's so much I want to talk about!! This whole process is so weird and has definitely put strain on relationship. He is against embryo freezing but I would have done it, he is finding it really hard to understand what I'm going through I think. But after 11 years we still have a lot of love and will battle through these hard times!

I'm testing on 17th Aug, cant wait, I do feel excited and that makes all the physical stuff easier to deal with.
Anyone out there who is going through it too... would love to hear from you. Any advice for dealing this waiting period would also be greatly appreciated!
There seems to be a lot of us out there who can't take certain things for granted, it is the hardest thing... but ultimately good things always come out of a struggle.

Love and light to you all xxxxx

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Paloma

Well done on getting this far, sounds like you've had a long journey. The best advice like Bear says is to relax, and stay positive. You will undoubtedly go through the full range of emotions, I have found it easy most days being very positve and harder as the 2ww progresses (on day 8 today). Keeping busy is best, I'm just off to the beach to get out of the house.

You sound like a brave soldier and I wish you all the love and luck in the world. There's every reason to believe it will happen for you.
Love
kse  ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Hi Paloma,

I'm testing on August 17th too and this is my first IVF.  I believe and Dr, Wren at the Lister confirmed that staying as relaxed as possible and taking one day at a time is the best way to get through this whole journey which it is - another journey in all of our lives.  It is down to nature and whatever your chosen beliefs are to make it happen.

Do something simple and restful that occupies your mind and it will all sail by.

Nuala ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Paloma - I just wanted to say Hello and Welcome to FF :)

Good Luck with testing on the 17th  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Jennifer xx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys,

Thank you all so much for your replies, which I've just been reading.This site is great... a real little boost!

I hope everyone is well. I'm on day 7 now and doing fine, on the whole. Am still really tired though, no matter how much sleep I get and still very hormonal! Hubby is doing his best bless him, but I think I'm testing his limits! Had a disagreement/argument (great timing eh?) on transfer day over whether to freeze embryos and I'm quite surprised/****** off they only told us about it on egg collection day. Seems like a huge decision to make in only 2 days... I was for doing it even though I understood his concerns over it not being 'natural'. But what is about this whole treatment...? You agree to it as a last resort really, don't you? I'm just trying to stay as healthy as I can within it. And I do feel I would go all the way in my desire to have children.

Feel quite calm and resigned to whatever the outcome, am trying to relax as much as possible and eat well, no alcohol or coffee! Had to work this week which is ok, good to have a distraction actually. Is everyone else feeling incredibly bloated? Was warned it could be the progesterone, or is it just the combination of good eating and no exercise?!

Stay in touch guys, it does mean a lot. Will be joining thread Bear, thank you. Thinking of you all and sending you positive thoughts. Thanks for all your advice...

Love Paloma xxxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Paloma,

I can totally understand where you are coming from. It is a very hard thing to decide in two days. I am surprised your clinic didn't give you the heads up.
For me the hard decision was not so much the freezing but how many to put back, and if we went with more then 3, am I ok with selective reduction. That decision, even though I had lots of time to process it, came down to me lying legs in stirrups and the Dr saying "so, 3 or 4". It is all just so stressful and emotional. I feel so blessed to have the option of treatment. I couldn't imagine not being able to because of finances, religion or even health. And I too believe I would go to many lengths to have that miracle of life.

(((((( BIG HUG ))))))
And lots of +++++++++++ vibes your way

Tracy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.