Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my names Vicki and im 34 yrs old and my hubby is 32, we have been together 5 years although only got married in June.  I have a son of 14 and i had a ectopic pregnancy 7 years ago which resulted in me losing my left tube.

We have also found out in the last six months that hubby has diabetes and a over active thyroid for which he is now having to take insulin 4 times daily and tablets, 

We have pretty much been ttc for 3 years and had just started going down the route of having fertility tests done when i fell pregnant naturally, unfortunately i had a miscarriage at 9 weeks which was devastating.  We are now trying again but get the same disappointment every month when AF comes to visit, it really doesn't help that we both have friends and family who have announced that there pregnant and are all due within a 4 month period, in fact it makes me want to scream...  im just really fed up of everyone saying "don't worry it will happen",

Now im just in the position of where to go now.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Vicki, I know exactly how you are feeling !  Just about everyone around me is announcing they are expecting or are about due or just had a baby.  I've been putting on a brave face and trying to be over the moon for everyone else, but deep down I am hurting like hell.  Another friend announced today !!!  and I have a friend due any day now.  I have no children and feel I may have lost my chance. 

Everyone keeps saying to us "you guys should try....it's the best thing in the world" - they have no idea !!!

Have you had the tests done now ?  Are you going thru the NHS ?

There is a really good book called "Taking charge of your Fertility" - have you got it ?  I recommend it - I learned alot about my body and how to maximise our chances.

mx :) :) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Hello Vicki and welcome to FF ^hugme^

I'm so sorry for the loss of your little angel ^hugme^ There's an area within FF which you may find a great support ... Pregnancy, Stillbirth & Neonatal loss ~ CLICK HERE
Please could I ask which tests you have had and the outcomes? Do you think you'll continue with more investigations? I'll leave you some other links shortly which I hope you'll find useful ^hugme^
In the mean time, please have a good look around the site and feel free to post in any area, and make yourself at home. There are many who are on their TTC journey, and others who have been fortunate to have little ones with assistance. You will soon discover that our members are very encouraging of one another and offering advice or just simple hugs. There's a vast amount of information here for everyone, so start reading, posting and getting to know others. You will make some great friends too, lots of members often have meet ups locally too, for chats, coffee, shopping or even nights out! You can share conversations with one another freely, simply because we all understand each other. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what this journey entails and the emotions that go with it. That's where we come in!

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

Starting out & Diagnosis ~ CLICK HERE

Ectopic Loss ~ general chat and support http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=243601.0

Tubal Factors ~ CLICK HERE

Secondary Infertility ~ CLICK HERE

If you do go for a consultation then this list of questions will certainly help ...
Questions for your first cycle consultation ~ (use the ones that apply) CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our chat room. We have a newbie day in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet one of our mods for support, meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.