Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm another newbie looking to chat to people in a similar position.

We've been trying to conceive for 2 years now and after numerous blood tests and sperm samples we've been told that DH has a low sperm count due to an undescended testicle, treated as a child! It's actually been a relief to finally know what the problem is. We've now been put on a waiting list for IVF due to a combination of my age and his low sperm count. (My results so far have been fine, which is a blessing)

The journey so far has been a desperately lonely one as (like many) I find it very difficult to talk to family and friends, and DH finds it difficult to even talk to me about it. We're also surrounded by pregnant family and friends and the constant questionning about when it will be our turn, all leading to difficult times.

I'm hoping to meet people here that will help alleviate a real fear of IVF and share the road to the longed for BFP!  :)

XX

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts

Welcome to FF, Dragonfly!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatments! I don't know what I would have done without it as I didn't know of anyone else who had gone through treatment - well, until I came on here, now I know thousands!! ;)

Oh, I totally sympathise regarding the constant questioning, I always used to have a few smart answers lined up for when people did ask, laugh it off - but inside it really upset me. Now we have been blessed with our daughter people are asking when we are going to have a little bro or sis for her. ^bigbad^

Here are some links that you might find useful.

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE It will give you some helpful advice navigating this site.

For A rough guide to IVF -CLICK HERE

IVF General chat - CLICK HERE

Male factors -CLICK HERE

When you undergo treatment you could find some cycle buddies, people undergoing treatment at exactly the same time as you - CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

We also have location boards (you can find those on the main forum index) where you can find other people in your area, and even ones who are using the same clinic.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck - I hope you soon get to the top of the waiting list, have your treatment and that pee stick gives you some wonderful news soon! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sue - will start looking at some of the links you've suggested!

:) XX

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.