Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all!
I have been wandering through the site for a few days (not continuously) & decided to take the plunge!!  Me & the gorgeous & wonderful hubby (hereinafter referred to as DH) are in New York undergoing our first cycle with an egg donor.  Its getting tense (& expensive) since we arrived on the 8th April (we now live in Thailand so its been a long journey in more than one respect) & the ET is not until the 8th or 9th May.  We had to wait around as the donor unexpectedly ovulated naturally!!
We are hopeful - my infertility is due to cancer (lymphoma, diagnosed in April 1996). 
If anyone could tell me how much the egg donation cycle costs in Spain, I would be grateful (it doesn't say on their website!).  In the US it costs 25,000 USD which is mega expensive (although I have been saving for nearly 10 years!!!).

I am excited & a little apprehensive....

Looking forward to chatting to people on the site as things progress - DH is happy as this is cheaper then shopping & he gets to watch the football more often!

Lots of love & positive energy

Anna

x

PS Below is my signature when I work out how to add it!!!

Me 38; DH 38
I was diagnosed with cancer (lymphoma) in 1996.  Have been in remission since 1997.  Treatment caused infertility.
ED - ET due 8th or 9th May 2005
(This is our 1st Attempt & we are currently in New York for the treatment)

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Hello Anna ,
I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the site . I'm afraid i cant answer your question re egg donation in spain , have you tried posting on the egg share board , maybe someone on there will know ? .
Wishing you loads of ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ with your cycle , there'll be lots of people around to support you through it , this is a great site youve found ;)
^fairydust^freespirit

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Anna , so sorry i ment to put egg/sperm donation board , not egg share  :-[

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! Its so nice to be able to share all of this with people who understand.  I hope your appointment goes well  xxx ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dear Anna
Wow that is expensive in New York
I have been advised that the cost in Spain (IVI) group clinic in Valencia and Barcelona etcfor DE is about 6,000 English pounds this inc scans in U.k etc so perhaps 11,000 dollars + travel expenses
i agree no prices on the web sites is difficult

Good Luck with your cycle 9th of may is my birthday and always a lucky day for me
Dianne

·
Registered
88 Posts
:) hi there nice to meet you sorry to hear you had the dreaded lymphoma cancer i wish you all the best with it if you ever need to talk please feel free to leave a message for me you probably have lots of support already but if you are low and feel down i would like to be of some support as i lost my father to lymphoma seven years ago now and i know what its like to go through such difficulties, i dont mean to put you on a downer and wish you all the luck in the world but remember i am hear for a chat just leave me a message and i will gladly email you back

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hi Anna

Welcome to ff hun sorry to hear you had cancer my DH had leukemia as a child we are now using donor sperm just wanted to wish you  ^goodluck^ with your treatment hun  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ please keep us posted

love always lilly xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.