Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to this . Im 37 and my hubby is 44. Been having treatment for 3 yrs and just had our first iui on may 2nd. waiting to find out if its worked and feeling very low and tearful. finding it hard to do everyday things with people who dont know and its a struggle. cant find any statistics on iui success and want to feel optimistic but not get my hopes up too high. Im normal to feel like this arent I? so glad i've found this site. Be nice to share things with other people who understand and have experienced what we are going thru now.  :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi Jaggez  ^wave^ welcome to FF and well done on making your first post!!  :)

I'm sorry you're feeling so low at the moment, sending you lots of  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^pray^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ and there will be someone along shortly to point you in the right direction on the boards.

What sort of treatment have you had? and what day will you be testing?  Let us know how you get on...

Good luck  :)
^fairydust^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Jaggez

Welcome to FF.... its the best place to get both support and info on just about everything related to fertility....and more! I know how you must feel- was very emotional all through out my 2ww. Dont worry- its all normal... you will have good and bad days- just take each one as it comes.

All the best!

love
pri
xx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Jaggez
Just thought I'd sent you some positive thoughts! We had an IUI after clomid and although the odds are lower than IVF (our doc said 25% with clomid) it does work and if you bear in mind you have been ttc for a while it really does increase the odds of a positive outcome.  We did get pregant after our first cycle but unfortunately the baby had a chromosomal defect and we miscarried at 10 weeks BUT it does work and I wish you all the luck in the world
Ruthy
XX ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Jaggez, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

I am sorry you are feeling a bit low right now. ^hugme^ The two week wait is full of highs and lows so it's not surprising you are struggling a bit. You might find it beneficial to join the other ladies in waiting here:

2WW, Ladies in Waiting ~ CLICK HERE

You will find that area very supportive and it might help you to make some sense (or at least feel more normal) about your feelings right now.

While you are on FF, you can also check out these other areas for support:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

IUI ~CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck. I guess not long until you test now so please do let us know how you get along. ^reiki^

C~x

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Jaggez and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

I just wanted to wish you loads of luck with the 2ww and that it brings a positive result.

Kate xx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi everyone
thanks for all your msgs they lifted my spirits up and made me feel alot happier.

My testing day would have been mon 19th but i guess it wasnt meant to be. I havent gone to work today as i cant face anyone and just feel like i've let my hb down :'(  I tried not to get my hopes up but there was always that glimmer of hope.
Got bad tummy ache today and i can tell its going to be a bad one this month. Is that because of the treatment?

I was takin clomid tablets 100mg per day, days 2-6 of my cycle. My hb has a low count so we had the iui with 4.5 mill from his part but I had 3 follicles 18mm 17mm and 15mm. The con said it might work but I guess it didnt. I dont know when we can have another go as the hosp is workin its way thru the waitin list from 2006 (which is the one we were on).

Im workin full time and very stressed at work and wonder if this plays a part in the success rate plus i do have to do some lifting. I only started this job in jan and don't want to do anything to stop our success especially if its just a job.

Sorry i wasn't very positive today, I appreciate havin you all to talk to. thanks xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
jaggez, has your period actually arrived yet? If not it's worth doing a test anyway and, in fact even if it has because you never can tell and some bleed and are still pg. I would say do one today (it's not too early I think) and at least you can draw a line under this cycle.

Yes, sadly your period can feel all the more nasty after treatment cycles and it may be due to the drugs. ^hugme^ I would suggest that you and your DH take some time to be kind and paper each other a bit this weekend and try and deal with your own greif for what might have been.

It's defninelty trying to reduce your stress levels if you can. Have you thoguht about acupuncture or reflexology? Don't know if you are dosing your DH up with anythign but you might want to look at what he can take to improve sperm quality.

Here's a couple more links for you to think about:

Complimentary Therapies ~ CLICK HERE

Male factors ~ CLICK HERE

I am sorry this one wasn't to be. Please don't lose heart. You may have less wait than you think and, even if you did, there's nothing to stop you trying a few natural methods in the mean time. ^Cuddle^

C~x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts