Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I came to this forum a few years ago but it's been such a long wait I stayed away because it was winding me up!

anyway, a letter came yesterday with an appointment for Glasgow and I have no idea what to expect next.

OH & I are probably going to have ICSI - he has sperm in Glasgow stored from before cancer treatment but we live in Cumbria.

To add to our stress we are having major finance problems so this has just come at the wrong time- is there ever a right time? LOL

any advice or pointers to Glasgae sections would be appreciated - plus if anyone can tell me how on earth [email protected] gonna afford being off work please feel free to tell all! ;D

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello pinkpebbles, welcome (back) to Fertility Friends. :)

Well done on finally getting to the top of the pile with your treatment ^clapping^

Here's a couple of links to some useful information about tretament that you may want to reads through:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

A Rough Guide To IVF ~ CLICK HERE

Questions for your first cycle consultation ~ (use the ones that apply) CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

You can find a wide variety of discussion on time off during treatment on FF. The general consensus is that, as a minimum you will need to have the day of EC and ET off and, most take the perdio between the two off too. Other than that it really depends upon your individual circumstances, what you do for a living, how sympathetic your employers are etc. Do a search for "time off for treatment" or variations of this and see what discussions this brings up.

You can meet and chat to others from Glasgow and Cumbria here:

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=259.0

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=224.0

And here's a link to the Glasgow Girls thread:

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=131863.0

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Wishing you lots of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your wonderfully detailed reply Caz :)

I'll work my way through those discussions - phew this place is busy!!!  :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Pinkpebbles

Just wanted to say hi..... I have just joined FF today however have been ttc now for 3 years.

We are due to embark on our first IUI treatment in Mays cycle.

I have attended Glasgow Royal for some treatment aswell as Monklands however we have finally opted at this stage to go private and then review our situation when we are contacted by the NHS.

I hope your treatment in Glasgow is a success. Do you have a date to start your ICSI and what hospital will you both attend.

I am sure our miracles wont be too long.
take care
Nick
xxxx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Nick - We have our first appt in June so I've no idea what the timescales are tbh...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts