Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been ttc for almost 2 years now. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 6 months ago. Came as a bit of a shock as I have a fairly regular cycle and no other symptoms, but it showed up on the scan and in the blood tests, so I guess I can't really argue! I was convinced I had endo as my periods can be extremely painful, particularly on my ovaries. I'm having a lap and dye done next friday, hopefully (I was supposed to have had it last friday but the hospital cancelled it at the last minute and I'm paranoid they'll do it again!). I am very scared that they might find more things wrong with me, but I guess I need to know if there is, and move on with things! I was also diagnosed with acidic CM (shooting the poor boys down) but after a course of Ethinylestradiol I had a positive post-coital test.

TTC really takes it out of me, but as time goes by I have many more positive days now than bad days!

Karen xx

·
Registered
186 Posts
hi i'm new too,
don't be scared i'm sure it will be ok and at least if you find out whats wrong you can get it sorted. i have endo pretty bad and while  i hate it and hate the consequences at least i can try to get things sorted.

are you ttc? we started 6 months ago just waiting for my lapro in june then we'll start on the clomid treatment. i'm nervous but i'm hoping that making some friends here will help. my H2b is great but its nice to get a girls opinion who feels similar.

best of luck next week, i really hope it goes well maybe you can post how you get on

jo  ^hugme^

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jo,

Thanks for your message. Yes, we've been ttc for almost 2 years now. Spent the first year trying with no luck, then went to GP and, after a few tests which came back fine, got referred to fertility clinic, which turned up PCOS and acidic CM. I guess it's best to know sooner rather than later if there are further problems so at least we can crack on with IVF or something!

Good luck with your own tests and journey, and I'll post my results as soon as I regain consciousness!  ^daisy^

Karen xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Karen, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

I too have PCO and would had had no idea as my cycles are alsways regular but, like you, there on the scans and in the blood tests. Goes to show eh!
I hope your op doesn't get cancelled again. It's a lot of faff when it does isn't it? Hopefully you will find out nothing else wrong and then you can start treatment. If your tubes are clear and all is fine, maybe they will start you on clomid? It stands a good chance of working for you I think ???

I will provide you with some links to some parts of FF that, I hope, you will find useful.

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

PCOS ~ CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck for next Friday. Please do pop back to this thread and let us know how you got on. ^reiki^

C~x

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Karen and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

It does come as a shock when you are told when something is wrong as to why you are not concieving. I was diagnosed with endo and PCOS but this was sorted with the laparoscopy and they found a hidden cyst as well which they removed at the time so hopefully if they do find anything else at your laparoscopy then they will treat it at the same time. Loads of luck to you for the future.

Kate xx

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Ladies,

Thanks so much for a warm welcome! This site is a mine of information, it's great. Also it's good to meet others in a similar situation, but also with different fertility problems, not just PCOS. I have tried Clomid on 2 cycles so far, but I'm not having anymore until I've had my lap and dye. The doc wants to see what that brings back and go from there I guess.

Thanks again,
Karen xx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi Karen,

Welcome to Fertility Friends, this site is fantastic for support, information and friendship  ^hugme^

Good luck on your journey  ^reiki^

Huggles
Nikki xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts