Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi another newbie here  ;)

Just thought I would intorduce myself to you all. Me and my OH have been TTC since Jan 04 i already have a DD so haven't really had any tests Dr did do  blood test but not any any specific day and said it was all OK. OH had a SA done 11/4/05 and the results explain we we aren't pg.

4.6 million per mil and 3.8 mil so low count
only 5% rapid progressive 6% slow proressive 9% non progressive and 80% immotile
Morphology was even worse 99% abnormal 1% normal
all other stast were OK

It hit me like a ton of bricks and i spent a good 3/4 days crying, they didn't give us any options or solutions at the appointment just saifd we will test again to confrim the counts, and mentioned something about maybe using donor sperm if the same results came up!!!

I feel a little more in control now have OH on loads of vits and under srict insructions not to drink wear his boxers NO pants and NO more baths!!!

I don't really know how i feel about it all now, i am 10DPO today and can't help feling a litt;e hopeful that despite the odds we might have hit the jackpot this month, i know I am setting myself up for a fall. I wish we had some concreate answers and some options, I have read somethings that suggest ICSI might be OK for us?? I don't think I can accept we aren't going to have kids just yet.

Thanks for rading this sorry its so long its just nice to be able to share!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi there Biba, nice to meet you (well hear from you) I'm new to this also and don't really understand the abbreviations.  We're actually going through treatment at the moment.  I'm at work today and this is keeping me sane being able to log onto here (although dont think the bossses would be too happy) anway hopefully speak to you soon.  Take Care and keep smiling, we'll all get there eventually.  ::)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi angela

I have used another board alot up until now, but it didn't have that much about infrtility on it so i am swithching between both boards now. i have made some good virtula friends and don't think I could have got this far in my TTC (trying to conceive) journet without the support i have had.

Good luck to you too, i have faith that it will all be OK in the end  :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
hiya biba
welcome 2 fertility friends, sorry u have had bad news u have come 2 the right place 4 care and understanding, i know u feel really down m8 but dont give up. i have had 2 failed ivf and am now having icsi, i know i will be a mum 1 day and so will you.
love lisa xxx ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Hi all,

Just wanted to say my DH had a very low sperm test result in Dec 04. He was advised to go for a retest and also we read that accupuncture could help. he went for this, and adopted a healthier lifestyle and was then retested March this year and it came back OK! Then a few weeks ago I saw the fertility specialiet, and she said he could've just had an infection, and that sperm couns go up and down all the time.
We have been ttc for 3 years, I have never been preg, but every month I live in (diminishing,) hope. I think it's the only way.
So good luck, don;t give up and remember you've got lots of new friends here who will support you through the rollercoaster ride!

xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.