Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New to the site however have been reading posts for a few months now.  Started ivf treatment on 28th jan and had 9 eggs retrieved yesterday. Just waiting on the news this morning.  This is our first cycle and thought I was coping well until yesterday - think maybe all the hormones or something just hit me... Or the fact that yesterday made everything very, very real!

Anyway - just wanted to say thank you to all of you and your posts - you have answered a lot of my questions!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi - me again! Just had the call - 7 out of 9!!! Very happy. Looking to go in either Friday or Sunday now!!!

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
WELCOME TO FF

Catjen

Great news will keep my fingers crossed for your cycle
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Wanted to say Hello and welcome you to FF, my role here of FF as a MOD is to make sure you find your way as easy as possible, hopefully this message will do that :) Am so glad that you have found us, hopefully you will meet like minded people that will help and support you through what can be a very hard stressful journey. There are many members here on FF with a true understanding of what you are going through at all stages that infertility throws at you :( FF has brought so many people together and helps form many new friendships that may last many years, I certainly have and my life is richer for it. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what the IF journey entails and the emotions that go with it, That's where FF comes in to play.
I hope that you will find the links i have left you helpful and direct you where you need to be until you find your feet, which won't be long i can assure you. If there is anything that you still need to find give me or any MOD a shout and we will be happy to help you :)
Links to follow..........................................

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

Fertility Guides
CLICK HERE
IVF General ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time.
The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that.
Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment

Cycle buddies
CLICK HERE

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board
CLICK HERE

Its not all just serious stuff here, you can also have a bit of fun or just gossip while you are on FF too so check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:
You can also chat live in our chat room. We have a newbie day in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet one of our mods for support, meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here.
CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Lou

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey Catjen,

Hope you are feeling well today, just to say I had my EC monday and due to go in Saturday, thought I would send you a message as we are at similar stages.

All the best to you, am waiting for phone call to advise what time Sat.

Take care,

Emma xxx

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your message Emma. Just finished with transfer - 2 eggs! Preg test now on 31st... Long wait!! Let me know how you get on!

xxxxx

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey Catjen,

Just to say, just back from clinic, 2 embryos transferred, same as you and guess what, 31st is also preg test date!!

We must keep in touch throughout this long wait.

Love Emma xxxx

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Emma

That is wonderful news! I'm already getting impatient!! Still feeling a bit bloated but just a dull pain. They said my follicles were still slightly swollen but that was normal?! How are you feeling? 12 days to go...

Lots of love

Jen xxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Good Luck to you both
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

maybe go and dip ya toes in the 2WW thread
2WW, Ladies in Waiting ~ CLICK HERE

lol
Lou x

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi ....just read your post and wishing you all the luck in the world......your bookmarked so I can hopefully be congratulating you both on the 31st  ^reiki^  ^hugme^ to you all x x

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Lou and Puredevonian,

Thank you for your best wishes, here's hoping. xxx

Hi Jen,

Am feeling actually ok thank you, a little bloated but nothing major, just gotta get through this wait........ like you said though 12 days to go and today is nearly over, shouldn't wish your life away but its so hard not knowing what is going on inside.

Hope your bloating goes soon,

We'll keep having catch ups as its nice to speak to someone who is at excatly the same stage.

Much love,

Emma xxxxxxxx

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Lou and Puredevonian - its so comforting knowing positive thoughts are heading our way!

You're right Emma - no point wishing the days away! Looking forward to Monday - back to work so something to preoccupy my mind  :) bloated feeling starting to decrease which hopefully means follicles healing nicely. Just keep rubbing my tummy now telling the 2 dots to make themselves comfy!  :)

Lots of love

Jen

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dear Catjen and Emucroc

Sending loads of sticky embie dust your way,
Pure positivity heading your way.

Lots of love

Ali
^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
24 Posts
Arr....good luck to both of you  ;D will keep my fingers crossed for you both, love to hear how you get on.

I have my first consultation with the lister on Monday so a very long way to go!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Lisa xx

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Lisa,

Oh good luck for tomorrow! Sending lots of magical vibes your way! Let us know how you get on!!

xxxx

·
Registered
303 Posts
Jen,

Glad your starting to feel better, I know what you mean about rubbing your tummy, I am doing the same hoping they are making themselves cosy.  Hope you have a good week and we'll have a catch up later on.

Take care, Emma xxxx

Lisa, 

Good luck for tomorrow, hope you get on ok and feel a bit better about things once you know whats going to happen, keep in touch and let us know how your getting on. xxxxx

Ali,

Hope all is going well for you as I see you are on your 6th cycle.  Take care of yourself and keep in touch. xxxxx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello, how are you all getting on?  Still keeping my fingers crossed  ^pray^

Appointment went well, said high chance with ivf, dh bit unsure about it all but we will see how it goes.  Got to now get my medicals records together, update blood tests and then go back....

Lisa x

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Lisa,

Glad the appointment went well, what did they say?  Why is DH not keen?  It is a rollercoaster but its certainly worth a try and as you can see from here, there is a alot of success from it. xxxx

Not doing too bad thanks, had a rocky week but feeling not too bad today. Test date is 31st so still a few days to go but we're getting there.

Thank you and keep me updated on your progress.

Emma xxx

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hiya!

Lisa - my DH was really weird to being with - don't think it ever crossed his mind that this would happen (not that it would a mans lol!).  Took him a while to get used to it - but he will come around.  It's hard from them to understand what we are going through as well - believe me... there will be lots of temper tantrums - but 5 secs later you will be laughing (silly hormones!).

Emma - how are you doing... we're on the downhill now.  I really don't think it has worked... I'm not being negative at all - but just have a feeling so trying to remain realistic.  Other than doing that stupid (expired lol  ^idiot^) test on Friday and seeing  BFN I haven't tested since.  But AF cramps/aches started yesterday - and its the same old feeling coming back as I've had month after month of trying.  Still of course a slight glimmer of hope - but we'll just see  ^pray^

3 days to OTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey Jen,

I'm not doing too bad thanks but like you I don't think it has worked, cramping, slight brown stuff etc but who knows, least we will know soon.  DH and I were toying with the idea today to test but we decided we will wait until Thurs- we're thinking it hasn't worked anyway so whats the point in testing early.

Still getting that metallic taste in my mouth though!!

You seem like your doing ok really, I think on Thurs if its a BFN, we will both not be too bad as we are expecting it.  Had my good cry Fri and Sat.

Take care and like you said 3 days to go!!

Love Emma xxx

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Metallic taste... that is a very good sign!  ^pray^  xxxx

1 - 20 of 33 Posts