Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I managed to find this website out of curosity and hopefully to get some info.  What a great website. Some of the things I have read on here make me cry  :'( and some make me smile  :).   Although I am not actively TTC I have endometriosis and I understand that this has an impact on fertility.  I was wondering how long I should leave it until I start to TTC as I think about it all the time even thou I am only 23.  Out of interest, I wanted to know how many ladies who use FF are having fertility probs as a result of endometriosis.  

I hope you dont mind me asking and I hope you dont feel I am intruding.  Wishing you all a good Christmas.

Thanks
Twinkle x

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi Twinkle
Welcome to FF.
Sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with endo, it can be a pain in the bum for ttc for some people, for others it doesn't make any difference. It would depend how severe it was as to whether it would have a major impact on your fertility and indeed where abouts it is as well, sometime is can stick up round your tube and this can cause problems.
There are various treatments available for endo, some of them better than others. I am the same age as you and I would say to yout o start looking into endo treatments now, as some will take 6-12 months to help your endo. It's always worth thining about your fertility, espcially if you are aware if a possible problem with your fertility.
Wishing you the best of luck
Chick

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello Twinkle,
sorry to hear you have endo :( . just some little thoughts and i hope they help you! How long have you had endo? are you currently under a gynae consultant? have the options been discussed with you ie laporoscopy?? are you currently on the contraceptive pill because it helps. depending on the stage of endo it doesn't always make you have infertility probs, if you have a good consultant they will discuss the best path for you. I have had endo for 5yrs and x3 laporoscopys with helica treatment to treat it. I understand how you feel i have been there, so please feel free twinkle to ask me questions i hope i can help and reassure you. ^goodluck^

take care  natash x

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts