Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Pomme. I'm not only new to FF but haven't really posted on any other site either so not quite sure what to expect. I came accross the site a couple of days ago and I'm so glad I did. I'm going through my 1st cycle of IVF, currently down regging on Buserelin injections which I started 3 days ago. Before that I had to take progesterone to induce AF as I have PCOS. To be honest I feel all over the place and found it very helpful just reading about other people's experiences which helps make a bit more sense of it all. I can't help feeling a bit of a woose for feeling like this though as was told by the clinic that I shouldn't really feel any effect of the treatment until i start the stimmulating drugs. Not really my experience. I'm up and down emotionally but mostly down. My tummy hurts and I am having headaches. In fact I even started crying when i started to writing this. Am I a woose or has anyone else out there felt the same?

Very best of luck to you all.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi Pomme!

Welcome to FF! This is a wonderful site, with so many ladies going through the same thing! We are all here to support each other!

I'm also on my first cycle of IVF, started sniffing burserlin yesterday morning, so one day behind you!

Why dont you join us on the Jan / Feb cyclers thread? Everyone has just started or is about to start their treatment cycle.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,20912.0.html

Take Care and Speak soon,

Purpleal!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Purplea,

Shall join in on the group tomorrow  :)  Good to know someone at the same stage.

warmest wishes,

Pomme

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hiya,

Welcome to ff, you will be so glad you found the site. Just to reassure you, i had awful headaches whilst taking Buserelin so you are not alone. I also got very emotional and turned into a monster!!! Stay positive, hope it turns out to be a good result for you.

L xx

·
Registered
187 Posts
Pomme,

I have down regged 3 times using buserelin and all 3 times it was really hard .. remember you are messing with your hormones .. therefore you will go thru every emotion possible ... down regging basically puts your body thru a mini menopause so it's natural that this is going to make you feel a bit rough. 

Send me an instant message if you want any further info I'd be please to help.

Good luck,

Westies x

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Pomme

Welcome to FF!

You will soon feel at home here.  Wishing you luck with your tx.

Laine x

·
Registered
604 Posts
Pomme
Welcome!
Just wanted to say that treatment experiences vary a lot, person to person, the clinic are probably trying to reassure you but these drugs and the meotions you are going through, will afect you very personally, you have nothing to worry about by feeling emotional, this is a huge process you are going through, one that has tremendous effects both physically and emotionally.
FF will provide you with a lot of support and friendship.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow. Thanks everyone. It's so heart warming to know that there are other people out there going through the same thing and willing to offer help and friendship. Thanks so much for taking the time to post. I hope that I can make a positive contribution to the group. It's nice to see that some people have managed to conceive via IVF. I don't think I'm allowing myself much hope at the moment to try to prevent the disappointment if I don't/can't. More to do with DH's attitude that mine as he refuses to get excited, look forward to anything which has definitely rubbed off on me. I'm told that the chance is 25% per cycle or 50% per 3 cycles in my clinic. Does that square with everyone elses sums? Did you guys also not allow yourself to hope too much? Sometimes it's hard but whenever I do find myself feeling warmed by the thought of being pg or having kids I feel like I have to stop myself. I can't help feeling that I should be a bit more positive though and almost worried that it won't work if I'm too negative. How did you guys feel?

Pomme xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts