Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I have just today registered with FF... and I just wanted to introduce myself.  DH and I have been ttc for 8 years, we're unexplained completely... have more info in my proper introduction on the "Introductions", so won't duplicate.

Anyway, cut a long story short, had already decided to give up treatments.. did 1 IVF, 1 FET a year later and we already knew that was it for us.  Had always said "never" about adoption, but suddenly last year we started talking and realised that we did actually want to look into this.   I'm not sure why the change of heart... dh and I are lucky to have been in the same place emotionally throughout all 8 years.... but it was suddenly a driving force.

Anyway, we had the initial visit last year and were told it would be a year before we got to the prep course, due to us wanting as young a child as possible.  Well, the phone call came last month, and we've just completed 2 out of the 4 sessions.

We were so scared beforehand... had heard so many horror stories, and were very worried about the process, but the course has alleviated many of our fears so far.  I'm sure there will be more.

We are 99% sure we want to go ahead, but there is still that 1% of us which thinks "are we playing with nature"?  Nature has said "no"... and now we're trying to force the issue.  Will this wreck our lives!?  Of course, we won't know until we have taken this step.. the horror stories don't help, for sure... we just want to be a family, not volunteer for years of more heartache and big problems... at least now we can immerse ourselves into our own little lives... if things go wrong in the future, we'll have children to think about...

Anyway, just wanted to get my thoughts out there, in case anyone else is feeling the same as me, and feels they want to chat about it. 

Thank you for listening, so far,  :p, and I will endeavour to catch up on everyone's situation over the coming days....

^gossip^

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hi Barbarella

I've already said hello to you on your intoroduction section but just wanted to welcome you to this section all about adoption.

You will make lots of friends here on this section who will be able to share your experiences of going through the process of adoption.  It seems only like yesterday since we set out on this journey but compared to others I am an "old hand" at it.

wishing you lots of luck

TFN
Superal
          x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Barbarella

Welcome to the group. I think we all have those fears about how we are about to change our lives, or for some of us have already changed our lives.

As I've just posted to Jude on the main thread, on the really tough days I remember how happy this house was and the plans we had if we were ging to live child free, but then the kids go to bed, its all forgetten about and another day begins, but the good always outweighs the bad. I think all mothers, adoptive or natural go through these feelings.

We all post on a main thread with our regular news. There is a list at the start with everyone's current status (although this thread's list has now moved on with everyone's news)

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29725.0.html

Also, given the nature of adoption and the sanctity of the process, I'd be grateful if you could read the following about posting news on this section.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,21288.0.html

Once again welcome and I will add you to our next list update.

Karen x

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hi there Barbarella

Just wanted to welcome you to the adoption board.... ;D ;D

We have been approved and are just waiting a suitbale match so pretty quiet here.. :(

I agree with Karen, we all have our little fears and worries which is totally normal..try not to worry about them too much. I worry that we will finds it hard with a child in the house, afterall dh and I have lived on our own for 10 years....I also find is a scarey prospect of giving up work...as I have worked since I left school 14 years ago....luckily we had a great SW who agreed that i would find things "odd" but felt that I am a diverse person who would settle into a changed life...it made me feel "normal"...afterall.. ;D ;D

Anyway try and keep up with everyone....we are all at different stages so its nice to see what we all have to look forward too..!

Love Natsxx

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Superal, Karen and Nats

Nice of you to welcome me and completely agree with you all about the changes in life.. I think we fear them every step of the way.. not just with ttc or adoption.  It's life's inbuilt way of making you think about things instead of impulsively bulldozing our way through life.. I for one am actually quite grateful for my experiences, they have made me who I am today... as cheesy as that sounds... ^idiot^

Like you Nats, dh and I have been together for 11 years and it's so hard to imagine us any other way.  I already gave up work a few years ago, to see if it would help with ttc... so I don't have that problem, although I am looking for a part-time job at the moment.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all,  ^gossip^ and will update my details on the main thread when I've been to the next prep course session, which I have to say we are really enjoying (and I NEVER thought I'd hear myself say that!!).

^pompom^

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Barbarella

Also just wanted to say HI and welcome you to the thread, everyone is really friendly here and I'm sure you will soon be chatting away like an old friend.

Morgana x

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Morgana... I already am....  ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.