Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May I say that this is a brilliant site as infertility can be so isolating but it is good to know that I am not alone.
I started my first ivf in january and half way through stimulation the dr discovered that I had produced 61 eggs and said that I had a real risk of developing ohss,and I was advised to abandon but I could go ahead as long as I was aware of the risks.  Anyway at the time I didn't care what I had to suffer as long as I could, one day, hold my own baby and of course still I went ahead with the ec and  1 15 mins later, after ec I was told that they had collected 51 eggs. Out of those I now have 37 good quality frosties,(due to ohss they did a full freeze)
A few days after the ec I did develop ohss and even ended up in hospital. I have never been so ill and never want to again but all I could think about was that I could be a bit closer to my own baby.
Anyway, I am fighting fit now and I am now due to start a medicated FET around the 6th june.  Has anyone had success in a similar situation?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi Denise

OMG what a lot of eggs your story is alot like mine so I thought I would post to you as I am a new member and havent found a home to post regularly in.
I had my first egg share cycle with EC at the start of May they retrieved 35 eggs and out of our 18 12 fertilised and they also did a freeze all, as I was at risk of OHSS which I am glad I only had mild symptoms sorry you were hospitalised.
I am about to start Downregs for FET on June the 2nd with transfer around the 4th of July

Wishing you lots of luck

bel

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Denise

I had my first ISCI in Jan 05.

They collected 31 eggs, 21 were good enough and 15 fertilised, 2 embies went back in, but got OHSS so didn't take. I went to hospital but didn't say in. So I have now got 13 eggs ready for my first lot of FET.

Do you have e/t on 6 June or start the treatment? Reason I ask is that I am having (hopefully) e/t on the 6 June. Very excited but scared this time.

All the best to you and Bel for FET

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello Denise, Bel & Kes,

I' m on day 13 of down regging for 1st FET, just wishing for the old AF! Which I'm sure no one really wishes for except this time!
Does anyone know how long it takes for AF to arrive?
I also suffered OHSS Sept 04  it was one of the worst experiences with all your hormones flying all over the place although I was not hospitalized.
Sending masses of baby dust to you all,  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
Good Luck,
Shahzy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.