Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently stubled across this website and think it is great that there is a forum to be able to share thoughts and feelings with people who will really understand what you are going through. I'm 34 (35 in 12 days!), my DH of 6 years is 41 and he has a DS aged 17 from his first marriage.

I have had health problems since being diagnosed with Endometriosis aged 17 and since then have had numerous operations, mainly to remove adhesions and ovarian cysts but have also had one of my fallopian tubes removed.  I fell pregnant naturally very early in my relationship with DH but M/C at 7 wks.  Fell pregnant again soon after but M/C at around the ame time.  After this we continued TTC to no avail and decided to try IVF after I had the tube removed.  When people tell you it is an emotional rollercoaster you don't realise how true that is until you are riding it  :'(.  My first IVF cycle produced no embryo's so we were advised to try ICSI next time.  We had varying degrees of success with this and were also able to have one FET but all resulted in BFN results.  I had a bad OHSS on one occasion.

We have had no AR treatment for the last year or so as it had become too painful and I felt that I needed to come to terms with the fact that a pregnancy might never happen for us but am struggling to get there, I want this so badly but my heart feels broken.

I have recently been to see Dr Zhai in Harley Street as a friend recommended her after his wife fell pregnant following treatment.  I have been drinking the herbs for a week now and have a follow up appointment at the beginning of June - I live in Jersey so it's not so easy to get there.  My AF arrived today only 19 days after the last one - if nothing else my usual 29 day cycle is regular as clockwork, does anyone know if this could be connected to the herbs??

Anyway, this is a long post but my main reason for saying hello is that I really don't have anyone to talk to about this stuff who can understand how I feel and would love to hear from anyone with similar experiences.  DH tries very hard but has given up and is now sticking his head in the sand.  I know this has been hard on him too.

Foxylady

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hiya Foxylady
Welcome to FF its a great site with loads of advice and support.....so so sorry to hear of M/C and your surgery's and i hope you get a BFP soon  :) wishing you loads of luck and sending you  ^hugme^ and xxx
Hayleigh

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello foxylady, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

^hugme^ what a lot you have been through. Sadly the journey to parenthood with fertility treatment is not always a short and happy one. I know first hand how crushing it is to try and fail over and over and, to be in that place where you think it might never happen.

I have never tried herbs but have herad through others that it can affect your cycle yes, so perhaps this is it. I would say though, definitely mention it to Dr Zhai and, if you find it's not just a rogue one off and your cycles don't return to something more normal then perhaps the herbal tretament is not appropriate for you and you could try a different combination or method? It's also worth keepign up complimentary therpaies while having fertility tretament, although you should stop any herbal stuff as this can interfere with the way the drugs work.

Here's a couple of links to parts of the boards you might find helpful:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary Therapies ~ CLICK HERE

Endo ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck!

C~x

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hayleigh and Barbiedoll - thanks for the kind thoughts.

Caz, thanks for the tips and links, it takes a bit of practice to get used to navigating around the site.

Foxylady x

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi foxylady and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

Im so sorry to read all you have been through and i really admire you for keeping your chin up and u can rant and rave on this site all you like as we can all understand at times how it feels when you cant talk to anyone else. I wish you loads of luck for your appointment in june and all the luck for the future.

Kate xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts